Wyze Finally Works With Google Assistant!

You are exactly right. Thank you for decoding my gibberish! :stuck_out_tongue:

This is why we are looking at implementing WebRTC.
The internal goal is to have WebRTC adopted by the Voice Assistant first. The other aspect, that we are putting as requirement, is to allow a local connection between the device and the display. This way, we should be able to have no transcoding and a near real time display of what the camera sees.

Important note: Alexa is the only one today that can support WebRTC so you should send a feature request to Google… I’ve already talked to them about it but I can use some help here.

7 Likes

Important note: Alexa is the only one today that can support WebRTC so you should send a feature request to Google… I’ve already talked to them about it but I can use some help here.

How? Just point and I’ll shoot :slight_smile:

Using this methodology, will we still be able to view a single cam simultaneously over multiple displays?

that’s the intention. But we have not reached the point where we can make multiple connection. That is the next step in our development.

2 Likes

Right here Contact Us - Google Nest Help

1 Like

Assuming you have a google home device, you could just say “Hey Google, submit feedback” and when it asks what they can improve on…say, “support WebRTC ASAP!!, please”.

2 Likes

That works just fine. Thanks for that. Hmm, I forgot to say please at the end. Hope she (assistant) is ok with that.

1 Like

I would assume this would be important to get right if you’ve got a doorbell in the works.

So see a lot of feedback regarding Google home
Any updates regarding Amazon? I have recently purchased a Echo Show 5 and have significant issues with buffering.

My echo devices have always and still work perfectly. All 7 shows, 5.8.10, no issues.

I have also been recently having really bad buffering issues with all my Echo Shows. This started about two weeks ago. Sometimes they won’t even connect. I have 1 gigabit fiber up and down and use Eero Pro routers for WiFi.

Today, I’ve received the beta firmware .105 and see some improvement. On my Hub it’s streaming with 20s delay. This problem I think that will only be solved when the camera gets the ability to stream directly…

1 Like

I’m happy to hear that it has improved! And yes, the initial delay will be improved with WebRTC but there’s not much we can do about it before that’s ready.

Did Google gave any ETA on this?

Not that I’ve heard of.

Recently it is not even buffing . The screen says “video stream is not available “!

1 Like

I had to reconnect mine. Was saying this same message after the update.

1 Like

Slight difference on any of my cameras after the update; still takes 45-60 sec to just get to the buffering stage the either nothing or another 45-60 sec to show picture (and the steam is 15-30 seconds behind the stream on the app). The stream does seem stable after that albeit well behind the app. As I’ve said before- I doubt this really works for anyone consistently with google home hubs. This is now keeping me from purchasing the wyze lock (especially since there is no local control- no internet = no lock access even if local network available); and the door bell will be a total non starter unless fixed. It’s pretty clear that WYZE has known all along that WEB RTC would be necessary for consistent success so it’s curious that they have forced users to go down the alternate firmware pathway to enable RSTP .

1 Like

I am trying to view my cameras on my Nest Hub but all I see if a black screen. It acts as though it is showing the video but nothing is showing. I tried removing the cameras and adding back again without any success. Is anyone else having this issue?

If you read … everybody have the same issue and we waiting a fix since few months

1 Like