Wyze Day October 24

It’s actually less than that since the Wyze Plugs come in a two pack… so you can get the whole box peicemeal at $74.93. That’s $25 in savings… I’m really surprised that they made a move like this as anyone who takes the time to do a little bit of math can see it doesn’t add up.

Offering the pack for $70 would have been at least a little bit of a deal.

Edit: Forgot the $19.99 for the sense starter kit… so all other totals are correct. Haven’t had coffee yet. Still… offering it for $80 would have been a deal, this is not.

2 Likes

I was wondering the same thing :face_with_monocle:

1 Like

possibly … maybe …

• the extra value is in the bundling.

• it’s really the new outdoor Wyze Cam in the kit

• the SD card is 512GB

• those are color changing bulbs

• Wyze is including a secret gift that wouldn’t be in the piecemeal price break down…

2 Likes

@ outcast2k Good one :grin:

Hope you sales are good. However, I have to say that your new online shopping cart is one of the worst shopping carts that I have ever used.

1. Have to click on items multiple times to select them and add them to the cart.
  2. The cart takes forever to update.
  3. There is no sign-in link even though you require a signin to use your special promotion codes.
  4. It should have taken me a couple of minutes to order 4 Bulbs, 4 Contact Sensors, and a couple of Motion Sensors. Literally, 7 clicks to add things to the cart. I finished my order 35 frustrating minutes later.
  5. Now, I don’t even know if the order completed because the items are still in my cart. But you sent me an email and an order ID.

I really wish you offered all of your products on Amazon.com. The purchase process is frustration free and I would gladly pay the higher prices if they were available there.

2 Likes

Congratulations on your company’s second birthday. You have remarkable products and dedicated staff that pay attention to your customers’ needs. I starting buying Wyze cameras in November 2017, a month after you started, and hope to continue as you present new products.

As the company begins its third year, I believe you will need to make strong improvements in the quality of both firmware and App software. It appears to me that the rapid pace of FW and App deployment to satisfy customer requests has placed a strain on the reliability of those service products, especially over the past four or more months.

2 Likes

The gift that is to be applied to the purchase so you get it for $99… still about $10 more than buying it all separately.

1 Like

Yes he did… that’s why he wrote “88.93 vs 99” the bundle sells for an “non-adding-up” $109 when buying all contents separately comes up to $88.93. In the offer though when applying the gift card for $10 you get this bundle for $99 which is still $10 above buying it all piecemeal.

1 Like

Hey Loki,
That sounds like a nice special.
The problem is I live in Canada, and you dont ship here.
Is there a way I can enjoy this special from here?

Loki doesn’t work for Wyze. He is just a volunteer on the forums.

2 Likes

My math seems to be missing a thing or two relative to the $109 or even $99 value of the new starter kit.

Individual item purchase value:

cam $20
3 bulbs $24
2 plugs $15
SD card $10
sense kit $20

total $89
gift card $15

$104 and I get it for $99?
After some math corrections, is this the real deal?
Ahem, no it’s the $5 plus the free shipping.
Right?

Welcome to the community, @brookefox. I merged your topic with this one because it is on the same subject. :slight_smile:

Well that sucks , but I didn’t have any of those problems at all , it was just easy peasy .
I ordered from the shop page from a PC and I signed in before I started , don’t know if any of that makes any difference

From Dave, our Head of Marketing:

Hey everyone, we screwed up!

As stated, we were going to launch a great new product for Wyze Day (no, it wasn’t a scale). When that fell through, we decided to pull forward our starter bundle and run a deal on it all week. You would get the bundle and a $10 Wyze gift card for $99 with free shipping, a $10 discount.

All of us felt that was really weak, especially after we had hyped up something bigger happening on Wyze day. We wanted to give something more than just the starter bundle that users didn’t ask for. So we then decided to go big and also offer free shipping on orders over $25 for Wyze Day only (I know this might not seem big, but it’s actually super expensive for us).

Apparently we can’t do math, because when we launched both those deals on the same day, the free shipping deal made our starter pack deal look misleading. This was a terrible customer experience, and is literally the opposite of how we aspire to communicate with our users.

Here’s what we’re doing to fix it. We’re increasing the gift card amount to $15 in the starter pack bundle for the rest of the day. We will also go back and add an extra $5 to the gift card of everyone that has already purchased the bundle.

It’s still not a great experience, we know. We’re really sorry. Our only goal was to give back and celebrate Wyze users on Wyze Day, but we messed it up!

WE PROMISE THAT WE WILL NEVER HYPE UP ANOTHER PRODUCT LAUNCH UNLESS IT’S A PRODUCT THAT DESERVES THE HYPE.

The rest of the day should be fun though. We hope you’ll join us tonight at 7 PM Eastern/4 PM Pacific for the Wyzies awards where we’ll be giving out over $6,000 to users and giving updates on products and projects in the works!

9 Likes

The sense starter kit is actually $19.99. It says 5.99 on the shopping cart because a single motion detector is that price.

Then there is the ‘free’ gift card.

1 Like

Also using a PC and a Chromium browser ( the most used browser engine on the planet on all platforms).

Seems the “My Account”, “Checkout”, “Login” bar at the top of the screen was missing earlier. Don’t know why. seems it is there now and would have simplified things. Will see if the order goes through. Amazon Pay already charged me so maybe it did. The email I received from Wyze says “hello Unknown” instead of my name.

I’ll just stick to Amazon in the future. Hopefully they expand their product offering there.

2 Likes

Yes, thanks.

I use Chrome also, maybe I just hit it at a time when it wasn’t screwed up ,don’t know

Awesome as usual… even when admitting the mistakes. Well I hope nobody will get fired over it as I could understand that in the frenzy to try to get the oudoors cam ready and not making it and trying to put together something to celebrate the 2 years mark a few things fell through the cracks :slight_smile: It happens… but the great thing is to see it was not only addressed but also there was an attempt (albeit admittedly not great band aid) to rectify things. What I do appreciate the most is that a representative of Wyze officially came out and candidly and sincerely apologized when called on it and stated they’d will use this as a “teachable moment” :wink: that truly is worth way more than any discounts to me as I know that with that attitude things can only improve :+1:
Thanks @UserCustomerGwen and @Marcin team!

7 Likes

I don’t know why everyone is so confused. The starter kit isn’t really a “deal”, but it’s not more expensive. The math does add up.

Camera - $20
Sense Starter Kit - $20
Plugs - $15
3 Bulbs - $24
SD Card - $10

Total: $89

Add the (previously) $10 “gift card” and you get:

Total: $99

Now they made it an actual deal, by adding an extra $5 dollars to the gift card.