Wyze camera v3 firmware corrupt

I have a Wyze V3 camera that in the app on my iPhone shows a slash through a cloud icon instead of the word ON like all of the others,
I have tried deleting an reinstalling the camera and app multiple times.
Besides the weird icon, it will not take an update to the latest firmware 4.36.8.32 it currently has version 4.36.8.26.
Has anyone else seen this problem? Any fix?

Try the manual method of adding firmware with an SD card. Make sure you follow the directions. Download the firmware, extract the file to a 32GB or smaller SD and have at it.

2 Likes

Just so you know, if you can’t figure out how to get that working, then try another sd card. It doesn’t like certain sd cards for flashing even if the card works great for clip storage.

Also, the firmware might get into a bind that is persistent. I’ve not confirmed this but its consistent with what I’ve seen. That means even power cycling the camera wouldn’t work. Take this with a grain of salt though. Again, not confirmed but of the appearance.

Rebooting the router might also workaround it and get the firmware to do something else. A more aggressive way would be to reflash the firmware as suggested when nothing else works.

1 Like

Thanks I got it to work. Turned out the camera didn’t like my non Wyze power cube.

Thanks I got it to work. Turned out the camera didn’t like my non Wyze power cube. I replaced it with a Wyze one and did a reset by holding the button for 8 seconds and it is working now.

1 Like

Happy you got it working,.

Glad you ‘fixed’ it, but let us know if it reoccurs. This is very familiar on V2s, V3s…