Wyze Cam v4 Ideas

Cold-blooded, but getting warmer. :grinning:

Never mind on the whole thermal/infrared detection bit. It seems it’s not picking up people in the dark because Wyze needs us to rent out Cam Plus. Here’s a neighbor checking out the house - zero Wyze notification of their presence even though they’re in the detection zone (1st pic) and detection is at 100% (2nd pic).

Of course, a passing car with the high beams on triggers a recording. In fact, any light passing by triggers a notification so much so that my phone asks me if I want to disable Wyze notifications.

Seriously? Wyze is trying to trigger me and a mobile phone is the only thing keeping me from stomping on the cameras? [Mod Edit]

MOD NOTE: Post edited to conform to the Community Guidelines.

He looks pretty stationary - looking at his phone maybe. Was he actually in motion? If so, how long was he moving within your zone?

He walked there and walked away from there. It should have triggered a notification. I get notifications when bugs fly in and out of that zone at night. LOL

1 Like

13 posts were merged into an existing topic: Next-gen Wyze Cam (v5) Ideas

• Optical zoom (2x). My Wyze CAM is mounted at the front door and I want to be able to capture close up video of moving vehicles at street level.
  • Better sensor / capture quality and faster sampling rate. I want to be able to capture more details of moving vehicle and people. The camera should be able to identify vehnicle type and model easily (day and late)
  • Better sensor for night time video capture. I like to see less wash out picture caused by steet lights or spot light from neighbors.

What the v4 really needs is a much better mic – it needs to at least be on par with the pan Cam V2 and v1 mics.

Hopefully Wyze will fix the motion blur problem of the V3 in V4.

Improving ignored detection areas would be nice.

I would definitely appreciate dark mode to save my eye sight.

Add a PIR to the Cam V3

It would be really nice for Wyze to offer a Cam that can be hooked to power continuously (like the V3) with a PIR sensor to stop all the bug/insect triggered alerts (like the Outdoor Cam).
Seems an easy add to just put a PIR sensor in the V3. That should stop the constant events/recordings triggered by insects that many like me have issues with (my outdoor cam never gets those), has constant power so don’t have to climb up a ladder every few months to recharge the cam, can record continuously to the SD card and doesn’t need a separate hub, Surely you guys have seen all the insect/bug triggered frustrations on the V2/V3 Cams ?

2 Likes

I don’t know if you’ve tried this, but for some of us simply disabling the IR illuminator LEDs makes a HUGE difference. For me this essentially eliminated bug motion alerts that were plaguing my cameras. I get enough ambient light even for my V2s.

1 Like

I did try that a while back and it didn’t seem to make much difference so tried again last night and to your point it seems much better.

Thanks for the input !

1 Like

Good to hear. :slight_smile:

Battery Powered indoor Camera

Would love an indoor battery powered camera for places hard to get power to.

How would that differ from the two existing Wyze battery powered cameras?

All I knew of was one battery powered one and looking for a cheaper one basically. Feel like one could be made cheaper than the one available now.

Great wish list to make the products better. Doubtful Wyze will listen.

Been with Wyze since they started and they likely will not add any of these in the Wyze To Do list. They are all about making the quick dollar off new products than improving existing products, likely because they don’t make much profit off each product to warrant spending real development money to improve current products. They likely lack the appropriate brain power to calculate the benefits(increased features bring more customers and repeat business).

The features u mention are for higher priced higher quality systems which Wyze clearly isn’t. Knowing how inferior the products are compared to the competition, I have steered clear of the latest alarms and door lock products.

1 Like

If you put all of your cams in a group, you can see them stacked together on the phone app, If you turn the phone sideways it’ll show you 4 cams at a time on the same screen.

Your other two points seem to be an attempt to replace your existing fixed surveillance system with Wyze cameras. Seems like a step down. No offense to Wyze. They just don’t make dedicated surveillance systems.

2 Likes

The horrendous, worst-in-class microphone (audio recording quality) must be drastically improved, and they should also make the audio full duplex so that people can speak into and out of the camera simultaneously without one cutting the other off.

2 Likes

Built in spotlight on the V4

1 Like

Wyze cam v4 idea

I would like the next version of the wyze camera v4 to make a sound when the camera detects a person . Like what Vivint cameras do.

On both doorbell cameras and stand alone cameras .

1 Like