Wyze Cam v3 Pro: The 2K smart camera you've been waiting for

What, no :raccoon: :raccoon: videos :rofl: The V3 Pro does look much darker. Mine is scheduled for delivery tomorrow.

2 Likes

Once I move it to the back I might get some indigenous residents milling about, but I have mine setup for security monitoring rather than for wildlife.

does V3 PRO record at 2k video 24/7 in sd card while in continous record mode? not a triggered event.?

Yes. Regardless of if the SD recording is set for Continuous or Events Only, if the Cam Resolution is set for 2K, each resulting 1 minute MP4 file saved to the SD card is in 2K resolution. Changing the cam recording resolution to SD or 360p will change that.

In 2K, each 1 minute MP4 file saved to the SD Card by the V3Pro will be between 14 and 17 MB. On the V3, the same file in HD will be about 5.3 MB.

2 Likes

Spamoni4 told me he got these to stream with Alexa by disabling and re-enabling the Alexa Wyze skill, so I finally got around to trying it today, and sure enough, all my V3Pro cams now steam on my Alexa Show devices as expected.

So if anyone is having an issue with streaming these cameras on Alexa, try disabling and re-enabling the Wyze skill and V3Pros should work for you after that. When I did it, all my devices loaded back up with all the same routines and names and in the same groups as I had them before. I didn’t have to re-organize re-create everything, so it really wasn’t a big deal at all.

6 Likes