Wyze Cam v3, Pan v2, Doorbell Pro & Lock Bolt Firmware Beta Test 2/9/2023

Wyze Cam v3:

Version: 4.36.10.3836

What’s New:

• Improved Event Video recording stability
  • Fixed a bug that caused Event Video frame drop
  • Due to the security improvement on this firmware, you will need to go through the factory reset process for your camera if you go back to firmware 4.36.9.139 or below.

Wyze Pan v2:

Version: 4.49.3.3836

What’s New:

• Improved Event Video recording stability
  • Fixed a bug that caused Event Video frame drop
  • Due to the security improvement on this firmware, you will need to go through the factory reset process for your camera if you go back to firmware 4.49.1.47 or below.

Doorbell Pro:

Version: 1.0.73

What’s New:

• Added support for locking or unlocking Wyze Lock Bolt from the Wyze Video Doorbell Pro live stream

Lock Bolt:

Version: 1.0.6.2

What’s New:

• Added support for locking or unlocking Wyze Lock Bolt from the Wyze Video Doorbell Pro live stream
  • Removed the manual trigger required after resuming auto-lock hours
4 Likes

For the Wyze Lock Bolt:

Does this not work for Wyze Wired Video Doorbell?

Video Doorbell supported Wyze Lock for lock/unlock on the Livestream page, Lock Bolt was not supported yet.

Between the combinations of (Wyze Lock, Wyze Lock Bolt) + (Wired Video Doorbell, Video Doorbell Pro), which combinations support the new feature after the update?

The update notes suggest this is only Wyze Lock Bolt + Video Doorbell Pro.

Yes, I believe this allows the Lock Bolt to connect to the Chime for the Video Doorbell Pro, but not the original doorbell.

I believe the main problem is that the Original Doorbell and it’s chime use sub1G 906.8MHz to connect to other devices, and the Lock Bolt requires Bluetooth 5.0, so it is probably not possible to link the Original Doorbell to the Lockbolt as they can’t even communicate with each other.

The VDBPro and it’s Chime both have 2.4GHz/Bluetooth capabilities, so they can communicate with the Lock Bolt.

So, it seems to me that it’s not that Wyze is ignoring the Original VDB, but that it’s just not an option at this point since they can’t communicate with each other.

1 Like

The Wyze Lock Bolt and Wyze Video Doorbell Pro integration is relying on a Bluetooth protocol added in this firmware. That’s why it isn’t applicable to the other lock and doorbell products.

5 Likes

All Installed without issues. Testing now, but so far everything seems to be working.

I also tested the Lock Bolt Auto Lock, which seemed to work perfectly. At the designated time, the lock locked. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Both firmware updates to the Lock Bolt and Video Doorbell pro have been updated without issue.

However when I attempt to bind the Lock Bolt to the Doorbell Pro the action does not complete. I get the following message(s)

Android 2.39.0(b170): Make sure the lock you want is near the chime or Operation Failed. If Operation failed the accessory screen closes on the VDBP and takes me back to the main menu.
iOS 2.39.0(16): Make sure the lock you want is near the chime.

What is the optimal Proximity to get the Chime to bind to the Lock Bolt?
VDBP is within 11ft diagonal to the Lock Bolt and obstructed by the exterior wall (Drywall, insulation, and Vinyl Siding).

2 Likes

TLDR; will only unlock the lock bolt, but not lock it. However the integration toggle says it locks and unlocks it.

Log 926885

I installed all without problem.
I linked the lock bolt to the VDBPro as an accessory, then tested the link. It kept beeping positively and saying it succeeded without doing anything. Then I noticed it was already unlocked. So I locked it and then tried again and then it said it failed. I tried again and it worked. No matter how many times I press it though, it won’t lock the door again, but the accessory setting says:

Enable direct lock/unlock

Which implies lock is supposed to work too, but it doesn’t. If you press the button while it’s unlocked, it just says it successfully unlocked the bolt again even though it was already unlocked and what it should instead is lock it if it’s already unlocked.

It is a little slow to function, but I understand that’s because it has to initialize the Bluetooth handshake, authenticate, check the status then issue the command then confirm… But just remarking that it felt a little slow. Still, I like it.

Just wondering if anyone else can lock theirs through this integration? Is it a bug? Is it coming later? Should the setting not say it does direct locking too?

2 Likes

Ah ok thanks for clarifying. I was thinking this was all performed via the app and didn’t realize the two devices were communicating directly.

Updated one of my v3s without a problem.

1 Like

8 of 9 v3 successfully upgraded. One of them appears to have failed as I can’t connect to it, even after powering it off and on. It’s also mounted out of reach outdoors - sigh - guess I’ll have to pull it down tomorrow when the weather gets better and see what’s happening.

Installed firmware on all four V3 with issue.

Installed on Lock Bolt, but don’t have a doorbell, so until you make it possible to pair to the original Lock Bridge I am still severely disappointed in the Lock Bolt.

My v3 cam started the update, now its offline, will not connect. Not sure how to fix it

You’ll probably have to take the camera down and set up the camera again with your wifi (just like when you first bought the camera), a full factory reset or revert to an older firmware using a SD card. I haven’t done mine yet, will after work, so I’ll let you know what worked for me if you want to wait. One of the above three should fix the issue and if it doesn’t, it’ll have to be a support ticket to Wyze. It’s one of the “hazards” of testing.

1 Like

Sometimes a simple power cycle will bring it back online.

Tried setting it up again, did a power cycle about 6 times, nothing changed, states off line

If it still won’t come back after a new setup install, it will need to be manually flashed to an older version downloaded from the firmware page:

Did you set it up just by clicking the “setup” button and then configuring it to WiFi or did you do a full factory reset (long hold)? I wanted to “cheap out” and do a setup-only but it didn’t work. When I tried to connect it to the wifi it gave me a “timed out, try again” error (voiced). In the end, I had to do a full reset with a long hold and reconfigure. Luckily, I managed to do it while hanging from the ladder without dismounting because I absolutely hate getting it back into the case and mount it back on the holder.

Otherwise, yes, what @SlabSlayer recommended is the last resort.

1 Like