Wyze Cam v3 Now Available! - 10/27/20

Wyze we need answers. 3 people from the Wyze Core group have all got shipments sent from NJ on the same day. I am not getting resolution from the Post Office as I do not like mystery packages, but if there is for some chance shipping from NJ please tell us. The records on our accounts are far to be desired, but I do find it odd that 3 of us who pre ordered the V3s have shipments from same NJ facility on the same day. USPS is useless in answering who sends these.

Someone else here said that their order went missing like yours but the got a shipping notice so there is hope for you yet.

I wonder if it is then. Wyze said they don’t ship from New Jersey but at this point I don’t know how much to believe that. The right hand doesn’t know what the left hand is doing with Wyze. Not sure though why the Post Office would lose these orders. Mine was shipped just through USPS and not smartpost. As usual no direct answer from Wyze on it. And my regular mail carrier is off today or she’d look into the package for me to see who sent it as they have that capability. I just never ordered anything but the Wyze cam so I’m totally stumped.

I had a package go missing from the PO two weeks ago, but the ebay vendor refunded my money as soon as I pointed out it was in limbo between Syracuse NY and me. Now another one is 4 days late, somewhere between me and Ohio. I still hold out hope for the Ohio one.

That would be great if I knew who the sender was. I keep saying I never ordered anything but the V3 and since Wyze is adamant that it isn’t my cam I have no idea what it is. No one I know has ordered anything for me (as there’s only 4 people left alive that would do so) and none of them live in New Jersey.

And just now they sent me $1 and have no record of it?

My two V3’s arrived yesterday, via FedEx. Big difference in capability, tho not fully integrated to all the Beta App options of V2. Firmware update out of the box and a 2nd update this morning. Night viewing is great. Worth the wait, but I’ll hesitate on future offers. Good luck to the rest that are still waiting.

It seems like you don’t meet the requirements for the free stuff. Wyze is not obligated to provide something free to everyone. Wyze didn’t exclude you personally. There legal issues in countries when it comes to things like giveaways and contests and stuff like that. And you’re not losing anything. At the end of the email, you have the same thing as when you started reading the email.

Then just get the package. I’m not sure why you don’t view that as an option.

Because if it’s from Wyze I’ll hold up cancelling my order and leave my account as is. If it’s not from Wyze then I will cancel the order although I have to jump through hoops to do so since I paid for this order with Amazon Pay

You said 5 days ago the label was created. It should be close to being delivered unless it somehow got delayed in transit and is arriving late. Either way, you should be able to see who the sender is from the shipping label. I get that you are frustrated. You should be based on the changing delivery times from Wyze. But other than aggravation, what is the frustration giving you. Why must you cancel the pre-order right this minute if the package isn’t the cam? Why can’t you cancel it tomorrow or Monday? Why is waiting for the package to arrive not an option?

1 Like

Ordered 10/27, shipped 12/5, rec’d today via Fedex. Shipped via smartpost, but fedex elect to deliver it themself.
Order # 4997xxx
Fyi for those still waiting.

I feel your frustration with your order gone missing and lack of info on Wyze.com, but Amazon pay uses a credit card, Just log into your credit card, go to that charge and dispute it. They will immediately credit your account. They let them do the leg work. Easy Peasy.
Now go and save them cats.

I cancelled my wyze watch hours after ordering it. I used the contact form on their website and my cancellation was approved within an hour and my amazon pay was refunded right away. It was very fast

I placed two orders at two different times on the 10/27 announcement date. My first order placed early on that day arrived at the very end of November, and my second order placed later on 10/27 arrived today. Just sharing this in case it helps anyone determine when to expect theirs. Wyze’s email today though probably clarifies expectations a bit more. :slight_smile:

I don’t like that Wyze falsely advertises their V3 camera as using invisible IR LED’s. This is simply not true! While the “near” IR setting is harder to see, they are not invisible because Wyze is still using red IR LEDs. When companies lie about their products, that’s when I loose respect for the brand.

Still issues with v3 on the android app? Any fixes?

Package is 100% lost in my own city. It went downtown like all mail/packages do before going to my local post office and from there to 3 miles away to local Post Office it got lost. Not to mention my very reliable regular mail carrier has a week vacation so I may get whatever this package is in 20 years. Don’t laugh or say it’s the pandemic. I just got mail last week that was lost downtown 15 years ago. My regular carrier was filling in downtown and saw the mail stamped for 2005 and addressed to me. Same address as where I’m at now.

And where are the posts on getting Alexa alerting you to people? I saw something about setting it up on the Fire and want to try it because Alexa is truly driving me crazy with “OK” every 2 minutes.

My v3 CAM is STIL… MIA

It was moved here: Alexa integration tips and tricks

1 Like