Wyze Cam V3 not recognizing SD card

Submitted log 193564

Thank you, after changing to master boot record it worked.

@A77b can you explain what you did please? I too have a v3 camera that doesn’t recognize any of the 3 micro-SD cards that I have at home but my v2 camera and Windows laptop recognize and work with all of these 3 cards. What do I change to master boot record and how and where?

Check if disk is GPT or MBR & How to change it to MBR
WARNING THIS WILL DESTROY ALL DATA ON YOUR SD CARD

TLDR: For Windows Users This Tutorial Uses diskpart MAY NOT WORK WITH HOME EDITIONS OF WINDOWS due to some of the tools not being available to Windows Home Edition Users (Microsoft’s Tiered Approach) But ARE available in Pro and other versions (Advanced Users skip to part3)

(Wyze only let me upload 1 photo as a new user so i added the most important at the bottom

1. Right click on your start menu and select “Computer Management”

2. Select “Disk Management” We do this part in order to identify which Disk # we are going to be paying attention too.

2.1Insert your SDCARD into your computer and wait for the disk management utility to update -(It should refresh automatically showing the SDCARD you plugged in.)

2.2 See the Disks Disk0 Disk 1 Disk 2 etc etc… Find your corresponding SDcard and then make note of what Disk # it is.

3. hit the Windows key on the keyboard the start menu pops up immediately start typing “cmd” when it shows up in the list right click on it and select run as administrator

4. In the black command prompt that appeared on the screen enter the text diskpart.exe and then hit enter on the keyboard

4.1 at the new prompt that shows diskpart> enter the command list disk and then hit the enter key and then notice a list showing Disk 0 Disk 1 Disk 2 etc. etc.

4.2 WARNING THIS STEP WILL DESTROY ALL DATA ON THE SDCARD BACKUP ANY DATA YOU WANT TO KEEP

Enter the command
select disk your disk number here you got from the earlier step

Enter the command clean this will wipe everything on the disk

Enter the command convert mbr this sets the partition table to “Master Boot Record” (MBR)

Enter the command create partition primary this will get the sdcard ready for use - using the ENTIRE size of the sdcard space

Enter the command format quick this will format the sdcard with default settings typically exFAT.

Your SDCARD should now be useable in your wyze cam.

I had this issue myself and going from GPT to MBR fixed it

I encountered a similar problem. I suspect that a previous camera firmware contained a bug that corrupted the files on the SD card. When I connected the SD card to my laptop, I noticed that the folder and file names were invalid. I proceeded to format the SD card using exFAT with the default allocation size which was successful. Upon reinserting the SD card into the camera, it began functioning properly again. I am hopeful that the updated firmware has addressed this issue.

If youre SD card fails when formatting then the hardware has failed and must be replaced.

Good luck!