Wyze Cam v2 and Pan Firmware 4.X.7.798 Releasing - 7/21/21

I updated two of my Wyze Pan Cam’s. Both restarted at about the 35% point, but the slider continued until 99% at which point the Update Failed notice was received. The cam’s took a long time to get back online, but after they did I checked the Device Info tab and the firmware was apparently updated. I’m holding off on updating my other Pan Cam’s until this false Update Failed message is resolved.

Still no fix for the Pan and V2 cameras pink flash issue, that’s been going on for months now. Wyze please fix your software!

Hi bzhu,

If Owner s outside US got their VS bricked after update, will they get a replacement?

Thx in advance.

Well, my cameras are 2 for 2 with this upgrade. However, based on this thread, I’m still afraid to try the upgrade to my most critical cams. I don’t have time to deal with any obstacles, speed bumps, diversions, anomalies, road blocks, potholes, bugs, etcetera.

I updated my 2 Cam2’s and one cam Pan last night to 4.9.7.798 and 4.10.7.798 respectively. The updates went through ok. Now I can not get them to connect in the Android app V2.21.27 so that I can view live stream. The cameras are connected through the wifi ok as they are triggering events and I can see the events (Cam Plus service on all 3 cameras) but I can not get them to connect to the app for live stream. I have power cycled the cams several time, I have restarted the app and restarted my phone all to no avail. please give some guidance.

As clearly stated in the message at the top of this topic:

You will need the 2.22.XX Wyze app to use the new firmware. Please check your app version under Account > About in the Wyze app.

2 Likes

Yup I found that right after posting and updated the app. that fixed my issue.

2 Likes

I have the 4.22 app and I still have the same issue so that’s not always the fix

2.22.21. I mistyped. I’ve even flashed the cameras back to previous firmware and still won’t connect live.

One (of two) of my Pan cameras was bricked by this update.

Sounds like Wyze should’ve run a second expanded Beta test on this firmware before making it public. This is a lot of bricked cameras for a public firmware (especially when the beta bricked a few people’s cams). I think I’ll probably wait on updating most of my other V2’s since many of them are out of warranty.

I hope the problem with this firmware can be figured out.

1 Like

I agree. Wyze should pull this update until it figures out what is wrong.

How did you power cycle the cameras? Did you use the Off/On function in the app or physically unplug the camera? If you use the app to turn off the camera you will see whether it actually turned off by checking the led on the front of the camera. I did that 2 or 3 times (via the app) with at least one minute between Off/On cycles and on the 3rd cycle both of my Pan cameras started working normally.
Obviously there is a bug in the firmware update that needs to be fixed, but give this a try see what happens

That’s true; I wanted to flash it and couldn’t download. I downloaded the next older version and let the camera update later.

1 Like

Hi! May I ask is the issue still there, and what is the LED status of your camera when offline? Thanks!

Sorry for the inconvenience. May I ask are their LED status still solid yellow?

Thank you for asking. Let me confirm that with my colleague and update with you.

Hardware versions related?

Hey cf7. For owners outside US, I suggest them trying to flash their Wyze Cam firmware manually if they got bricked cams after the firmware update. The instruction for manual firmware flash is here: https://support.wyze.com/hc/en-us/articles/360031490871-How-to-flash-your-Wyze-Cam-firmware-manually.

Please let me know if manual firmware flash can solve the issue. Thanks!

1 Like

Thx,
I will wait for next version release as I am just do not want to climb up to leave with ladder. Yet.

1 Like