Wyze Cam v2 4.9.4.37 firmware released

Since the last firmware update (yesterday april 22th) I did’t received notification on my phone for new “events”??

1 Like

@andygill11, we apologize. I recommend sending comparison images to our team so we can look into it. Here’s a link to a form for getting in contact with us: Submit a request – Wyze

@JohnnyRunner, sorry to hear about this! We recommend that you contact our support team as well. Submit a request – Wyze

@jznomoney, could you please be a bit more specific about the issues you are discussing? That is a separate firmware version so we should probably move to the beta or RTSP area of the forum.

@UserCustomerGwen After the update, the wyzecam v2 has the yellow tint back again…:face_with_raised_eyebrow:

A request to the Wyze team. When you start a new forum thread about a firmware or software release Please include the firmware or software version number in the subject of the initial post. The reason is that there are dozens of forum threads that are an announcement from Wyze of a new firmware or software version. Some do list the firmware or software version, some list the date (universally without the year), and most are (like this thread) some variation of “New firmware released…” When searching the forum for firmware or software release threads, there is generally no way to know that it is for without opening each message.
For example, I did a search for “Firmware release”. This included both Wyze announcements and also threads started by users talking about some update. I started counting just the Wyze announcements while researching this post. I quit counting after two dozen. There were more.

4 Likes

Thank you for bringing this up. I have also brought this up before. I have edited the title of this topic to reflect the version. I will try and do the same to some other topics on the forum later when I have time. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Thanks for letting me know! Have you tried power cycling the camera? Is this issue still present?

@K6CCC, I will talk to the team about this. Thank you for bringing up this point. :slight_smile:

@DreadPirateRush, thanks for making the change!

1 Like

Did the “security updates” break the wget of 60 sec video segments thru the “www.your.org.here” hack ? I updated a dozen cams this morning and all my video-fetching scripts broke…

I (and probably other) only had to use that hack because there’s no other way that I know of to wget image/video snapshots for archiving or display on a non-mobile web page. Is there another way ?

I agree. Just want to point out if you’re looking for firmware release notes, that can be found here:

https://support.wyzecam.com/hc/en-us/search/click?data=BAh7CjoHaWRsKwiw7kHSUwA6CXR5cGVJIgxhcnRpY2xlBjoGRVQ6CHVybEkiOi9oYy9lbi11cy9hcnRpY2xlcy8zNjAwMDk4MjE4NzItV3l6ZS1DYW0tUGFuLUZpcm13YXJlBjsHVDoOc2VhcmNoX2lkSSIpMjJhM2U0MTYtMmEyMi00ODMyLWEzZmUtMGY0ZjViY2MyYjZiBjsHRjoJcmFua2kG--e47c13a1820cb3cd3811d5b4787cca686891be73

https://support.wyzecam.com/hc/en-us/search/click?data=BAh7CjoHaWRsKwgHsUXSUwA6CXR5cGVJIgxhcnRpY2xlBjoGRVQ6CHVybEkiOS9oYy9lbi11cy9hcnRpY2xlcy8zNjAwMTAwNjgyMzEtV3l6ZS1DYW0tdjItRmlybXdhcmUGOwdUOg5zZWFyY2hfaWRJIikyMmEzZTQxNi0yYTIyLTQ4MzItYTNmZS0wZjRmNWJjYzJiNmIGOwdGOglyYW5raQc%3D--52e44ad9fb47f3d684fb472b9caced3d2d91bb1a

https://support.wyzecam.com/hc/en-us/search/click?data=BAh7CjoHaWRsKwjg60HSUwA6CXR5cGVJIgxhcnRpY2xlBjoGRVQ6CHVybEkiOS9oYy9lbi11cy9hcnRpY2xlcy8zNjAwMDk4MjExNTItV3l6ZS1DYW0tdjEtRmlybXdhcmUGOwdUOg5zZWFyY2hfaWRJIikyMmEzZTQxNi0yYTIyLTQ4MzItYTNmZS0wZjRmNWJjYzJiNmIGOwdGOglyYW5raQg%3D--6d170737079e5d00c770965a02f55cf9a613905d

After upgrading to this firmware, 1 out of my 5 cameras is bricked. I got a firmware upgrade failed and now a Connection Failed error code 90. I’ve tried to power cycle the camera multiple times but still no connection.

What can I do to fix this? This camera is not at my home but at a location 30 miles from me so I’d like a solution to fix this remotely if possible.

Try this. First log out of then quit the app. Then open and log back in. Next click the gear icon on the camera’s live stream page and then click Reset Device.

Thanks for the suggestion. I tried your instructions but unfortunately it didn’t work. I get a “Failed” message when trying to restart device.

I updated seven cameras at once. Two of my pan cams won’t connect now, and they are 1400 miles away so I can’t power cycle them. I have tried logging out and back in on the app but that can’t help if they are offline. Same for restarting them. These two pan cams are new and have been in use for a week while my older pan cam survived the update. The two that didn’t are in a group by themselves.

1 Like

Post the upgrade, I see the camera Auto dim and lock my phone I’m about a minute where as earlier I could continuously watch the feed. Is there a setting that I can use to disable this? I need to continuously watch the cam without the need to touch my phone every minute.
Thanks.

1 Like

Android or iOs?
What phone?
My Android Samsung J3 doesn’t have that problem.

The next level of troubleshooting would be to power cycle the camera and/or delete and reinstall the app on your phone.

Here are the troubleshooting guides:

https://support.wyzecam.com/hc/en-us/categories/360000596591-Troubleshooting

If that doesn’t solve it, keep in mind that this is primarily a user-to-user forum. If you don’t get help here from the community, file a support request including log files. That will ensure that the logs are captured. You might want to submit the ticket right away because there’s somewhat of a backlog. You can always let them know it’s already resolved when they contact you.

Happening on Android phone and tablet… Samsung Galaxy s9+…

Thanks.

@andygill11 @UserCustomerGwen Same problem as @andygill11 for night vision qualité problem (with the IR lights OFF)
@UserCustomerGwen I wil open a case on tech. support for the notification problem. Thanks

1 Like

I did read those release notes before my update, but they don’t really say much about what was about to change. Is there any way to remotely revert to an earlier firmware rev? Something as simple as some “expert mode” choices of the firmware type in the bulk firmware updater would make a rollback trivial. Can I TFTPBoot something in ?

If you click the Support link (top right) and search “flash firmware”, you will find instructions.

I believe I’ve seen only instructions involving putting a file on the uSD card and power cycling. My cameras are 250 miles away, some of them are 15’ up in a tree, inside outdoor enclosures, surrounded by snow. So even getting to them is a problem.

-Russ