Wyze Cam Pan v3 extension cable

Hopefully they listen. There are simple wishlist requests that were made 4 years and still haven’t come to pass…

Growing pains of a startup. Balance of products vs features vs support vs stability.

I think you mean botched. This is the buggiest release ever. Hardly anything works as advertised.

Cam lite isn’t supported. (deliberate)
Doesn’t return to home point when tracking or panning.
Proprietary cable makes it a pain to set up without buying additional “certified” cables. (deliberate)
Motion detection range is abysmal compared to the V3.
Numerous units getting the “error 90”.

1 Like

Sell Weatherproof Dongle separately for use with existing setups or the outdoor v1 plug.

4 Likes

Exactly!!!

1 Like

There are a lot of different solutions for extensions, but a simple USB male/female extension cable can work, also POE (power over ethernet) solutions can work.
I have done this, but I am running into power issues with the v3 pan, where after a while the camera loses the wifi and needs to be rebooted. This is more frequent when I am using an extension. There is a different post on this issue. Has anyone using extensions noticed this issue, i.e. the camera losing wifi, in particular after panning or tracking?

1 Like

Everyone seems to want this. Surprised not on amazon separately from someone. Was really a poor choice to change the connector to that angled one, IMHO.

3 Likes

When using extension with my v2 and v1 pan & zooms I notice this. I switched all the exterior devices to CamV3 and CamOG to remove those issues. Only interior devices are pan & scan. Don’t own a pan and zoom V3 – and happy I don’t based on all the negative posts here on them.

2 Likes

When using a v3 we had to purchase a 20 ft cable and if I added a v3 pan, we would have to rig a cable that would use the 90degree pan cable and add it to the 20 ft cable to connect. Or call an electrician to add an outlet at the far corner of the house. Longer cable with an adapter or 90 degree connector

Yes. One cam has frequently had issues with wifi connectivity and I have the cam on a 10 ft extension
Paid to have an outlet added to the attic just for the cams and the extension continues to needed hard boots

I had a V3 on a 20ft microUSB extension as well and did NOT want to have to rerun that cable. I bought these to connect the male microUSB on the extension with the male USB-A on the cord that comes with the PanV3 cam. Now I am powering at 26 feet.

Nice. Thank you for the info
Bay

1 Like

Connection options

I would love to be able to order plugs/cords that fit the different items I have. Such as the new pan camera with a flesh plug/port that would be of connecting to an extender I already have so that I don’t have to redo the cords along the wall.

[Mod Note]: Your request was merged to this topic for consistency in grouping similar requests. Please remember to scroll up to the top and click the VOTE button. You may also wish to comment on and/or vote for Sell Wyze replacement power cables.

1 Like

Wyze now offers an adapter: Wyze L-Shaped Micro USB Adapter

3 Likes

If you ask me that should be included with the camera, but that’s just me :grinning:

2 Likes

:eyes: better late than never I guess.

:+1:

1 Like

I’ll take it 1 step further and say that IMO the Pan V3 and V3 Pro cams should’ve simply had a pigtail adapter like this built into them to begin with.

3 Likes

:clap: That certainly would have prevented any possibility of water intrusion thru the power port and also standardized the fleet.

2 Likes

Hey everyone, this finally launched yesterday! Wyze finally launched a 20ft extension cord so you can still use the original cord that the Pan v3 comes with:

It is rated IP67 and has 18 gauge wire which it says means it is compatible to get enough power to the Pan V3 like you’ve been asking for.

Extension cable for Wyze Cam v2, Wyze Cam v3, Wyze Cam v3 Pro, Wyze Cam Pan v2, Wyze Cam Pan v3, Wyze Cam OG series, and Wyze Cam Floodlight.

I just bought 2 of these using the coupon code I got from buying a Floodlight Pro, so I basically got them for free (just had to pay shipping and taxes).

1 Like