Wyze Cam Pan 2 Issues

At exactly 11:46 am this morning my 2 Wyze Cam Pan 2s went offline. They are now stuck on a solid red light. I have tried to troubleshoot but as usual I seem to be the only one with an issue. I have called 4 times to Customer Service and get no cooperation or help at all. No one bothers to give me a ticket number. They want the order # to these Wyze Pans which I purchased last October from their website. The details are not complete on the website except I purchased them and how much I paid. The information is not on the app. The rep I talked to was extremely rude and called me stupid. How many times do I have to call Wyze to resolve this issue? Every day this company gets worse. And posting on Facebook does no good because no one wants to help troubleshoot. I find it hard to believe that 2 cams go offline at the same exact time and not be on their end. Both Cams are updated to Version 4.49.1.47. Oh and I don’t have a windows computer that I can download previous software and flash the cams back online. I have a Macbook air that does not have a port for that. So again it looks like it’s tough luck on me since I get no help from this company. Does anyone else have this issue?

1 Like

Sorry you had such a bad experience from support. Did you receive an email after you hung up? That should contain the ticket number. Check spam.

No I never got an email. The rep called and left a message instead stating since I am not answering phone then I must not want help. I was in the shower. Wyze needs to take care of these people.

As mentioned in the other thread, you could use a device like this for copying files on an external drive using your Mac.
https://www.amazon.com/Compatible-Lightning-Charging-Splitter-Connector/dp/B0969ZXSXS/ref=asc_df_B0969ZXSXS/?tag=hyprod-20&linkCode=df0&hvadid=563602091749&hvpos=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=3290202349285315746&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9016086&hvtargid=pla-1600378314159&psc=1

Mac doesn’t have a lightning port though. I have that one and it works for iphone but not for my macbook. The new mac that I have uses USB C only

Which Macbook do you have? Does it have a USB port?

But something like above would be the type of accessory to use for the scenario you have described.

USB C ports (2 of them). Macbook Air 2020

This one is pretty slick
https://www.amazon.com/Aluminum-Adapter-Reader-Delivery-MacBook/dp/B07Q2CT4W8/ref=sr_1_3?crid=LPL9GEVWU9E&keywords=SD+reader+for+Macbook+Air+2020&qid=1662500100&s=electronics&sprefix=sd+reader+for+macbook+air+2020%2Celectronics%2C86&sr=1-3

Have you tried factory resetting the cameras ??

Did the cameras go offline randomly or did the power or internet go out ?

I’ve noticed whenever I change routers , some of my cameras will brick… very weird

If multiple cameras went off line at the same time, my first guess would be a WiFi or internet problem - not the cameras.

2 Likes

The factory reset worked. Thanks for the help. I ordered the hub you linked though for just in case.

1 Like