Wyze Cam Outdoor Base Station Bricked after Firmware Update

Hi all,
Just wanted to update you that I have submitted a ticket with Wyze and they have been very responsive. I am working with them now on a replacement base station. I still hope they can figure out how to fix their FW update process. It seems as though the process should be atomic allowing a roll-back if each stage of the process does not send a completion ack…

Yeah firmware updates sometimes are a “Fix one break two” event :astonished: :astonished:. I have had my issues also on updates. I guess I am lucky and have had good luck dealing with support so far.

Had to go through Amazon since I’m in Canada and it was purchased through them. They sent me another base station and all is good now.

Same problem here. Bricked base station after last update. Solid yellow LED. FWIW - This was an early base station that had trouble connecting via WiFi and had to use cable connection.
-John

Contact customer support, they replaced mine without any questions

Support supplied a new base station. The station and cameras are now staying online, however, they don’t record events even if I walk right by a camera, It also takes about 15 seconds or more to connect to a camera to view real-time, if it connects at all.

My base station stopped working after attempting an upgrade. Wyze Support is useless at troubleshooting this device. I was told the base station which is the heart of the system is not available for replacement.
So my subscriptions are now a waste of money. The 4 cameras are useless and a waste of money.
I will not advise Anyone to purchase these Wyze devices. I purchase the original base station and while it was within warranty had to replace twice. What a piece of crap!!! The cameras do not seem to have an issue but the base station would lose connectivity and just show a solid yellow light and the previous base station would only show the blinking blue light.

You posted the same thing in two different areas. Flash the firmware for the base back to the October 23 version and use a new Ethernet cable.
Flash direction second paragraph.