Wyze Cam OG - Released 1/17/2023

Thank You for that reply, when you initially scroll on the product page, it does not scroll the area where you are looking at the options of the cams, I had to scroll about 6 times for it to then show what you showed me, I appreciate it, and at least I know it will be on its way shortly :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I have one of the outdoor power cables from way back when they first came out and just got the OG… it will be easy to test and confirm :slight_smile:

Yes and no. Each individual camera has a pigtail, so no problem there. However, the splitter cable is a problem.

When the splitter cable is supplied it is supplied with a 1.5A Power Adapter, it can feed 2 cameras via the splitter cable. But the 2A Outdoor Power Adapter can only feed one at a time without a different cabling system or adapter. Someone verify that when the splitter cable is shipped. :neutral_face:

Comparison Chart File https://support.wyze.com/hc/en-us/article_attachments/12226580155291/January_2023_Comparison_Chart__1_.png

4 Likes

Oh nice! Yes, that is much easier to see that way.

1 Like

Sorry if this is an annoying question, but has anyone that has placed an order for the Wyze OG Telephoto Cam on Wyze.com seen their Order status as “Fulfilled’ or " Sent” as of yet? its been 4 days since I placed the order, Thanks ahead of time :slight_smile:

Nope, order shows “Paid - Partial”. I ordered a mix of OGS and OGTs and have already received the OGSs. Order placed 1/17.

1 Like

Just looked at the website. Ordered two OG Telephoto on 17 Jan. Status shows “Paid - Unfulfilled”

1 Like

I placed my order for two telephotos one going to a different place one going to me on 18th
one says paid partial the other one says paid unfulfilled

2 Likes

I read through this :thread: and thought that maybe it would be a good time and place to share some feedback on the OG…

1 - The setup experience of Cam OG was SUPER fast, and simple compared to every other Wyze Cam or Device! And I have over 20 cams myself across all versions.
2 - Notifications really are very fast and loading the live view is much faster than my other cameras (all on the same network).
3 - The OG mount plate/bracket was slightly confusing in how to remove it from the base. The Quick Start Guide seems to assume camera, base/stand, and mounting bracket come UNassembled.
It took me a few tries, being gentle enough not to break my new gadget and firm enough to know the plate needs to SLIDE in one direction and not pull or twist etc.

I am impressed with it once again like back when I got the first v3. Great quality and features for a really great price. And I am excited to try it with the OG Telephoto when that arrives :wink:

9 Likes

Nice! I wonder how long the OG will stay at the $19.95 price. Thanks for the review!!

1 Like

Waiting for when these 3X or more telephoto zoom capability iteration’s are incorporated into the pan/tilt models that recently debuted

1 Like

Yeah, I have got the Standard OG’s from my order, just no Telephoto :frowning:

Thanks for the response, at least I know I’m not alone.

1 Like

When is OG Tele shipping? Can someone from Wyze comment?

Regards,
sv11

@sv11
I will check tomorrow to see if I can get a better idea but I believe it was shipping 3-5 days after the Wyze OG. I could be wrong though and will look into this tomorrow.

2 Likes

I just unpacked my new OG… It’s not listed under “add device”

Check the Wyze app version on your iOS/Android device. You probably just need an update.

2 Likes

Thanks… that worked!

1 Like

Its been 6 days for me, and no response from Wyze when I ask about it. I’m pretty disappointed on the lack of communication and transparency.

1 Like

Well I purchased 3 of the OG cameras, however, I believe the only reason for launching the OG cameras was to move people from cam plus lite.
Other than the price, the V3 is pretty close,minus a spotlight.
Reason for the cheap camera price…they make more money off subscription services.