Wyze Bulb Service Outage - 8/8/19

Re-pairing worked for me.

1 Like

If I have to re-pair them all , I’m going to be , not happy at all

1 Like

I kept turning the power off and on slowly for each bulb until they finally started responding. All working now. Six bulbs were giving me a fit.

I guess this explains why one bulb shows as offline. Another that is off shows in the app as “on” and I can’t change it. Will just head to bed and hope the bulbs are working correctly come morning. :face_with_raised_eyebrow::man_shrugging:

Just put these in yesterday. Got two working but not the third. Finally managed to get the third one working this afternoon but updates failed. Just spent another 30 minutes with the bulbs not controllable at all. Glad it’s something like this as opposed to failing bulbs. Guess I’ll revisit tomorrow.

9:53 PM - We have heard multiple reports that manually powering off and on a Wyze Bulb will restore the connection. If you are still experiencing difficulty with your Wyze Bulbs, please try this as it may decrease your wait time.

Thanks for your feedback, everyone! We’re happy to hear that some bulbs are now working as expected.

4 Likes

Thank you for reporting this. It’s nice not to be left in the dark! I experienced issues with 2 out of my 3 bulbs, I turned power off and then on and they all turned on.

2 Likes

The support team from WYZE in my experience is usually on the ball.

1 Like

Turning them off and back on worked. Thank you.

1 Like

All my builds are non functional as well…

I will continue to turn them on and off throughout the day until they reconnect…

for now they’re all on 24/7. Wish I could turn them off, but then they would never reconnect.

I’m not sure smart bulbs are worth the trouble.

yeah i noticed this as well last night. had to power cycle the bulb to get it back on. haven’t tried commanding it since then.

I turned some of mine off with the switches last night and left them off , turned them on today and now they’re working right.
The rest of them, I turned the switches off and back on today and they are working right also

1 Like

One of my bulbs now longer connects. I removed it from the ap. When I try to set it up, the app does not recognize that I am on the 2.4 GHz network. I have tried everything, turning of cellular, quitting the app, hard reset on the iPhone, etc. Still nothing.

My first thought was that my router was acting up. A reboot of the bulbs last night did restore functionality. I’m glad to see this post and know it was not my router!

1 Like

I was worried that it would not be fixed before I got my bulb today. I was wrong to worry about the problem the bulbs were having, but rather me not getting my bulb today. Guess I have to wait another week…at least I don’t have to worry about this problem.

I work nights and use these to help me wake up to go to work. Ended up getting to work late yesterday. I think I’ll go back to my dumb bulb and outlet timer, at least for a while.

We’re sorry for the troubles, everyone.

@CapeCodTodd, @lordneeko, and @aopisa, have you had a more recent moment to test your bulbs and see if those problems are resolved?

@Scott57, that really stinks and we’re sorry to hear that your bulbs are late. :frowning:

@xtremehumvee84, we are super sorry about contributing to you being late to work. We know how much that stinks and hope that it didn’t cause any major problems with your workplace.

2 Likes

One bulb out of four would not respond or reconnect at all. It turns out that there is a problem between iOS 13 beta on my iPhone and set up in the app. I was able to successfully set it up with an iPad on iOS 12.

So, it looks like WYZE has some work to do with their app before next month’s release of iOS 13.

1 Like

My 4 bulbs were all working fine on 8/7. None of them would work on 8/8. Read the forums, re-did the setups, still no luck. Running on an Orbi Mesh Network so I wasn’t sure if I was able to force 2.4 GHz.

Today, I logged into my Netgear account and noticed that my Orbi router needed a firmware update. Updated it to V2.3.5.30 and now all bulbs work just fine again.

Don’t know if my issue was related to the firmware update or the Service Outage, but just info sharing.

Side note. Vacation mode should work 24/7, not just until 11pm. That would be a nice improvement.

Thanks Wyze! Enjoying my products so far!

1 Like

Backups and redundancy is important. :grinning::grinning::grinning:

5 Likes