Wyze Bridge Disconnects Non Stop

Also been noticing that if I Pan it has the tendency to disconnect.
Try turning off Panning and see.
I plan to move the bridge to a V2 …

signed…the newbie.

I have noticed that people that put bridges on Pan cameras seem to have more issues. Both my bridges are on V2 cams and are reasonably stable.

2 Likes

Might be something to that…support a while back had me switch the bridge to a different location/cam and i moved it to my office and its been stable blue for quite a while. Wish that wasnt the case, because the pan where i have it is a place a Pan needs to be :frowning:

Yes Sir, that what I’ve read …
Think that the Pan is not all that compatible with the newer Bridge.
Tried a high amp brick also it didn’t make a difference.

signed …the newbie.

Also …also …another tip.
To check in the app go to add device and select add senor.
If the cam with the bride is not listed to pick from …it’s offline.

signed …the newbie,

that is true… just tested it… only one i can see if the one attached to my wyze NON pan.

The bridge seem to remember the sensors after setting them up.
So one can just unplug the bridge and move it to another cam (and wait till it turns blue) and it should auto connect to the sensors with no problem.

signed …the newbie.

problem with this one is that the bulbs/sensors are quite a ways away from the closest non pan cam. hate to just throw a cam in the closet just to use a bridge haha

Yup … I see what ur saying.
With me I have another V2 close by …
You could then try getting in touch with Wyze support on this …not sure if they can help but worth a try they helped me with other issues. Maybe they can send u a free v2 … lol

signed …the newbie.

I might be late, but ive also noticed that if the camera is daisy chained to another camera for power, or in a hot space the bridge also stops responding.

Yeah i am lucky to be in a position where I dont have any daisy chaining happening… but thats a good thought for those that do.

I have to agree about Pan Cams having in general more issues with connectivity. One thing to check is if your pan is set up for (warranty trashing) outdoor use and has a cover over it, I have noticed that they can reduce the cams connectivity sensitivity (I think!). I have pans in both situations-none with Bridge-and I’ve had more issues with outside than inside, all things being as equal as I could make them.
I have two V2s outside at different houses with bridges and have had more problems with sensor drop than inside V2s, covers being suspect.
You mentioned batteries- I’ve also had troubles with off brand batteries which seemed to clear up when replacing with an Energizer or Duracell. Jury is out on that one still, but I wonder if there is a significant voltage drop that the battery monitoring in the devices doesn’t pick up.

So i plugged it in to a reg cam about 30 ft away in the garage… took about 10 seconds, but it went blue… now lets see how long it stays blue :slight_smile: If that was the only issue, thats amazing… Terribly awful that simply using a PAN cam causes it , again if thats the case.

1 Like

Cool …lets see…

Also I read but never try it myself, if u can get a long USB cord extender u can plug it into the V2 and the other end to the bridge run it as close as u can to the sensors associated with that Bridge. This should increase the signal strength to the sensors.

Hope u didn’t get offended by my …lol in my post to u.

If u bring this up with Wyze they indeed might send u a free V2 cam. Use it close to your pan with the Bridge installed but turn of motion detect.

All in all …Good luck Sir !
Happy 2020 :blush:
signed …the newbie.

So its been working for a few days now (although it did before too). However 2 of my bulbs of the 4 randomly just sort of stopped working… I had to remove them and re add them… Ive been using wyze since the very beginning… I love their products, cost etc, but man id like a little less buggy software :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’m doing a test with my week old bridge and sensor kit on a v2 i pulled from outside. I’ve had disconnects at the hottest part of the day, everyday. So i moved it inside and used a shorter power cord and a 2.4 amp power brick. Hopefully this will fix my Bridge from going yellow between 2pm and 6pm. Im also leaving the v2 cam off just to see if that helps. Ill be more then happy to order another V2 cam just to run all the sensors. I’m just wounding how many people like me was trying the bridge in a V2 outside in a enclosure with a 24 foot cord and the wyze power brick. Yes it was mounted under the eve but the sun was directly on it from 2-6.

I have a V2 outside in an encloser under the eve with a 12 feet USB with the factory brick …with seldom reboots needed.

Maybe try using a AC extention cord to the cam affected with a shorter USB cable to test …?

Come to find out with bridge plugged into the v2 cam it temps go up to 107° or higher. It’s only stable for about an hour at this temp. Higher output power brick, different V2 camera or shorter cable does nothing. The only thing that seems to be working is a foot long USB extension cable from the cam to the bridge so the heat from the camera doesn’t heat up the bridge. In doing this the bridge temp gets no higher then 85.5° and I haven’t had the first drop out. I’ve checked and all my V2 temps are about the same temperature. Pictures taken of the V2 in a 73° room thats been going for 24 hours with the USB extension to the bridge. So it looks like the camera heat was making the bridge over temp and disconnect all the Sensors. I even had the bridge report a dead battery on one of my contact Sensor that completely went away after doing this setup. Keep in mind I’ve only had the sensor starter kit for about two weeks and this is the longest it’s gone without a gitch. Everything factory but the USB extension.
IttMVIMG_20200501_222205|375x500 15883860200388109029696659295630|375x500

2 Likes

That is good info thanks for posting back !
Bookmark for later reference if I/we need it…

Also, keep us posted on its long term usage …may it work long for you Sir.

Had a big Goofup. I turned off the V2 Cam in the wyze app that I have my bridge connected to. I was hoping that the bridge would still work but apparently not. So after I turned it back on I had two motion sensors that would not change from detecting motion to clear even after unplugged and plugging in the bridge and cam different ways. Hours later I had to remove the two affected sensors from the app and take the batteries out. I added them back and all is good again. Nice to know the cloud remembers that the sensors was once on the my wyze network before, even after I changed the name of the sensors afterwards. I guess via Mac address or something so all the rules from before the removal still works. So long story short that was two days ago and I haven’t had any issues since. I’ll keep posting any hiccups I might have.

2 Likes