Wyze app 2.42 Release - 5/25/2023

Thanks but it still does not explain a great number of things. It does not explain why you cant then drag to the event that you see in green and have it work. If it is guessing to get there from teh cloud clip, once on the time line it should correct but it creates more and more errors the more you try. It should not matter that the time of my phone is current if I am looking at a PAST clip on the SD card.
It also does not explain why if I do not have a sim, therefor no network, why setting it to do so actually seems to work. Is it grabbing it from the 911 cell tower or my router?

:man_shrugging: Thatā€™s just the way it is. I didnā€™t program it and they didnā€™t consult me when they did. There are a great many Wyze things under the coding that are left unexplained. If you find the explanation for why, please share it so we can all know.

All I know is time is relevant. If your phone, the app, your devices, and the network arenā€™t all in sync, all kinds of stuff goes bonkers. Even the 30s FWD and REV buttons are thrown off on the newer cams. The central frame of reference for all functions is the current time in the time zone you are in. If it isnā€™t right, things donā€™t work.