Wyze App 2.31, Wyze Cam v3 Firmware, 4.36.9.139, and Wyze Cam v3 Garage Door Controller Firmware 0.10.0.21 Released! 5/18/22

WCO (v1) with Cam Plus Lite under Android 11 using app 2.31.0 (145):

Same WCO (v1) with Cam Plus Lite under iOS 15.5 using iOS app 2.31.0 (7):

I no longer have iOS 12 devices to test.

I am seeing something odd though under iOS app 2.31.0 (7). When I start a live stream to a WCO or WCO v2 running either CP or CPL, I very briefly see an “Action Failed” message in the middle of the live stream, it quickly goes away and everything initializes and streams properly. I don’t see this error message for any other cam types.

1 Like

I suspect the ios app (2.31) may have a different server ip address encoded.

Only Wyze can answer.

I have not seen the “Action Failed” on my 4WCO yet even briefly. iOS 15.5, iOS app 2.31.0 (7)
Cam firmware is 4.17.4.124. All cams on CP Lite. Base is 4.16.3.117 connected via ethernet.

Wyze Camv2 with Cam Plus Lite iOS 15.5
Cannot play with toggle. Person detection working well since the legacy time.

:pensive:

I tought it was always like that. These settings were for Cam Plus only.

I am amazed to hear that they are on Android and some have it on iOS. No big deal, all my V2s are on CPL and work well.

1 Like

User should be able to toggle off in case they don’t want person detection AI tagging but do want general motion detection for video events vs thumbnails. I don’t remember what the use case was for that scenario, but some users requested it.

2 Likes

Before CPL, we added or removed cams in the legacy section. All my cams were added at that time. I play with notifications if I want to receive it for a particular cam.

It’s good to have it integrated with smart detection like CamPlus, but it doesn’t work for everyone as I see. I will pay more attention to this in futures updates. I don’t want to remove CP from a V3 to try CPL because each time I have reassigned cams in CP, I had to chat with support to rebinded my subscriptions because I could only assigned 1 licence on 2. :thinking:

If I try to toggle the Person, this text appears. If I click on Service, it sends me to CamPlus section.

2 Likes

Interesting we have cam + since last year on all cameras with no issues

We talk about Cam Plus Lite settings in Smart Detection. No issues with Cam Plus in the Smart detection section.

1 Like

Try going to CPL section then add your camera, afterward you’ll be able to enable Person Detection.

All my cams are already assigned and working with Person Detection since long time ago.(2019)

The « issue » is I cannot play with the Person Detection of the assigned cams in the Event Recording section/Smart Detection(iOS). For me, this section was always for Cam Plus settings only but it seems it has changed lately as I read in this thread. The android users can toggle the PD swith, some iOS users but I cant.

All my cams assigned in Cam Plus Lite, are working great tagging Person and notified ( if I want to be).

2 Likes

Wyze has created 4 tiers of accounts.

No CPL
CPL
CP
CP pro

Wyze account management module(S) coding should be carefully looked at.

My cam still stream, detects, notify but with OFFline screen.

ios app 2.31 has Person detection greyed in account Services. yes, cam has been added. When user click at person det3ction, it will redirect to buy CamPlus now popup screen.

android app apowars to be ok and functional.

1 Like

I have informed the team of the iOS issue with the grayed-out toggles

4 Likes

Anyone experiencing the issue with the grayed-out toggles on iOS, could you un-assign and reassign the license for the cam in question and see if it changes anything

I already tried that early this morning. Unassigning and reassigning the license doesn’t change anything.

I also tried waiting on the smart detectuon screen to see if it would eventually load in properly but it does not. I left the phone on that page for 5-10 mins but nothing changed.

If I try to adjust any of the toggles it just gives a pop up asking me to buy cam plus even though I already have its and it’s already assigned.

Iv also gotten reports from android users that they are not experiencing this issues meaning it is likely localized to iOS devices.

It appears that events are still being recorded and tagged properly according to your previous settings. The problem is you just can’t adjust any of those settings at this time. But whatever was previously set appears to still be functioning.

2 Likes

No it hasn’t always been like that. From what I can tell it’s localized to iOS devices and related to the latest app update. Wyze is aware of it and are working to find the cause of it.

2 Likes

I have also seen the same thing on my WCO’s. It appears to be hit or miss. Sometimes it does it and sometimes it doesn’t. Idk what action has actually failed as it appears everything works.

1 Like

Can you submit a log and get me the number

Confirmed; I had noticed this also. I do not have any WCOs, but my camera group consisting of v2, v3, Pan v1, and Pan v2 cameras had stopped responding to group commands (such as motion detection on and off). I ended up having to delete the group references and create actions for each camera individually.

1 Like