Wyze App 2.24 Beta Test; Wyze Robot Vacuum Firmware Beta Test 8/18/2021

I agree, being somewhat Red/Green Color Blind, this is much better and stands out. I even like the CamPlus logo and the changes, not yet seen on Android, to setting what you want to be notified on within the Device itself.

Yea, like that too. It makes things more consistent. Now if you use the color bulb and the switch back to the original bulb, you are immediately familiar and can work with it. I like consistency.

Yea, I modified all of my night rules to take Sunset and sunrise into account. Glad it is there and works well.

1 Like

I would also like a “suppress for x min” feature on rules. Alexa uses it and it’s VERY handy for motion events… my house is turning lights on/off like it’s Studio 54 up in this b**** because the motion events.

But yeah, Supress Rule for x min would be very helpful. They +1 Alexa because Alexa doesn’t have that I don’t think (I’m still working with Routines so I could have missed it).

Anyway, good job folks. Keep innovating. I Love All Of It.

2 Likes

It does make it difficult. I recall most of us requested the ability to manually enter in a Hex Code or a value which could be applied to a bulb or group of bulbs. Hopefully it will be done and delivered.

But I do like things being consistent and now the Color and normal bulbs are the same. A step in the correct direction. IMHO

2 Likes

Wyze +1’d Alexa because She doesn’t have Sunrise/Sunset (clarification to my statement).

2 Likes

Same, submitted log 277742.

THANK YOU!!!
Mine app doesnt has this button (iOS app issue? maybe?)

Are you running iOS beta app version 2.24.21 (6)?

Yes, IOS Beta App. 2.24.21.

@Seapup @WyzeHongfei
Thanks, that is the issue. My bad.
yeah, I am on Beta APP now, Spot cleaning shows up.

1 Like

If you’re running iOS beta app version 2.24.21 and firmware 1.6.173, you may not see it unless you are “whitelisted”. Perhaps send a direct message to @WyzeHongfei with the email address you use for your Wyze app account.

1 Like

Ah, that’s why I didn’t notice, I was looking mostly looking at the color bulb UI and it looked the same. I thought the Regular bulb UI was updated way back then, so didn’t notice it changed, I thought it was already consistent…I have a bunch of non-color bulbs, but since they are mostly controlled by automations (contact sensors as switches, or Google/Alexa) I rarely used the UI for those bulbs, so didn’t realize it wasn’t consistent already. Thanks for explaining.

Not sure how much I like the purple color, I have more of a blue and green preference. Honestly what they should really do is make the layout themed, so a person can select their preference and it just updates those individual objects with the preferred color theme the person likes. It would not take much to implement this, and it would make a dark theme option possible. I am guessing they are working on this since they finally said that dark theme is forthcoming sometime in the next year.

2 Likes

I have this issue once every two weeks or so, the only way I am able to resolve it ( and I have tried many other approaches) is to reboot my wireless access point.

1 Like

They have corrected and will be getting an update out soon. The option seems to be missing from Android and different options are presented in iOS. Here is the link:

I believe you also need to have the latest Beta Firmware for the Vacuum as well. You should be at 1.6.173

@Earl.Automation @MFish

Is your WRV slowly flashing white lights?
If so have you rebooted your wireless access point/router?

Dunno why and I have had a convo with @QiS about this but every 2 weeks or so my WRV goes offline, no matter what I do at the WRV it does not reconnect, but if I reboot my Wireless access point it comes back online.

Give it a try.

1 Like

I had that screen. The vacuum would not respond. Only blinking white lights. Could only reboot. I deleted it from the app. I cannot re-add. I can’t do a factory reset. I can’t do anything. Is Wyze working on this?

1 Like

@WyzeHongfei I am also seeing the off line message. My vacuum is toast. I have followed the six step instructions I saw on Facebook beta thread. Nothing except to slow flashing lights.

Submitted log 278273.

2 Likes

@R.Good
Thanks for the suggestion, but unfortunately that did not work either.

@WyzeHongfei
I’m a huge supporter of Wyze, but frankly I am disappointed in the lack of addressing the issue that clearly many users are having with their vacuums getting bricked from the firmware update.
I would hope that Wyze would make a statement on this. Are we going to get replacement units?

2 Likes

@R.Good , have you tried reserving he IP address assigned to your WRV? Sometimes routers could have an issue assigning IP’s if it is close to capacity. Reserving one ensures you get an address all the time.

Just curious