Wyze App 2.24 Beta Test (Android); Wyze Cam v3 Beta Test 8/23/2021

@WyzeBaohua

I just tested the sunrise/sunset item as @seapup outlined. I started my stream at 6:11am, prior to sunrise. I had no issue with streaming. 4 minutes in, it was still streaming. I will try a little later, after sunrise.

2 Likes

I fail to see how I can depend on a “smart” outlet which depends on wifi if the wifi goes down.
And then the “smart” outlet would be a potential failure point due to upgrades.
As it is I’ve several cams set to turn on and off by rules, And that doesn’t always work.

@WyzeBaohua @Seapup

Testing outside of Sunset/Sunrise. It is 8:34am Eastern Time and it froze once. Second time in, It is streaming longer than 1 minute, but I am noticing something a little strange. Start the stream, turn the phone to Landscape so the image / stream uses the entire screen. Then watch the clock. On my Pixel 5, I noticed that every 2 seconds it hesitates and continues. I had someone walking through the frame and you could see that better. @Seapup , can you see the same?

When I tested during Sunset/sunrise time, I did not see this hesitation, but not 100% sure. Will need to check more throughout the day.

2 Likes

The problem with “Business Continuance” is that you have to have redundant everything… For example, You don’t want to miss anything on your driveway… You install 2 cameras in case 1 goes down. But they both rely on the same internet… so you have to install a 2nd internet line if you want to ensure to always have a signal. Great!..

Except they share the same power, so you either install a generator or get a 2nd power feed.

In Business Continuance planning, it’s hard to cover EVERY eventuality. 99.999% uptime is very very costly. So instead, a business, or homeowner, covers the contingencies that makes them feel comfortable vs. their budget.

In your case, you are talking about camera issues. @333threes suggested a smart wifi plug for power-cycling purposes of your cameras (which is a great idea). You are correct that it is a point-of-failure because of WiFi but as I mentioned above… there are many “yeah but’s” when it comes to doing something like this.

The best you can do is cover most of them. A smart plug costs you $8 and may help you out on some of your camera issues. If you have internet provider issues, then that is a whole other animal and discussion.

3 Likes

Yes, I saw the same 2 second “stutter”. I’m in the middle of incremental firmware testing. Been going at it for the past 5 hours. I flashed 2 cams to 4.36.3.19 that were previously running 4.36.5.58 with issues. 4.36.3.19 is definitely stable. Testing everything in-between and back up to 4.36.5.58 now. I think I have an answer and will be done in a few hours and report back. :+1:

3 Likes

2:00 pm 75F: 1 of my V3 started rebooting at 0548am. At that time, it was around 70F. I can eliminate the heat issue. There is something wrong with this firmware. My other one V3 is fine for now. It will probably started this issue soon…

You are in the process of demonstrating it with your reflash to a previous version. I think I will have to get the ladder out to reflash them back also😞 @Seapup
@WyzeBaohua

In video (the good one): The timelime of the rebootings from yesterday 05:00pm to 02:00PM today.

3 Likes

I am leaving my Firmware as is to test any potential update or fix. I don’t really stream for long periods of time, so I can act as a validator.

3 Likes

The V3 firmware team is working on investigating and solving this issue. I will post update once I get back from them. Thank you so much for the feedback!

2 Likes

When they start rebooting for a period about 7-8 hours at 20 minutes interval like some days after this update, I don’t think it is good for the cams. Yesterday I have shut down one of them and discover the issue when I tried to start them.(posted above)

1 Like

I have replaced the video above with the good one. Timeline from 05:00pm yesterday to 02:00pm today for 1 cam. Sorry.

My other V3 just started rebooting(photo). Two news fresh logs.

I have a question: when you send a log, is it the same when you do it from each cam vs going straight to Account/Wyze support? :face_with_monocle:

@WyzeBaohua

2 Likes

Thank you for the log. For your question, if you send a log from each cam, you will send a device log specifically for that cam. If you go to Account/Wyze support/Submit a Log, you can choose the device you want to send a log from or just send an App log.

Basically, if you want to send a device for your ‘front door V3’ (for example), there will be no difference if you send the log from the setting page of that camera or from the Account/Wyze support/Submit a Log/‘front door V3’.

2 Likes

@WyzeBaohua

I started to have connection issues on one of my v3 Camera’s - the Driveway one. When I try to connect it just spins. I restart the Camera or Hard Power Cycle it and then can connect for a period of time, but then it starts having issues again. The other 4 v3 Camera’s outside and my test one inside seems to not experience this issue.

I generated a log from it #283477 for your review. Please let me know if the log is usable as the App said Upload Failed and then I got an email thanking me for submitting a log.

thanks in advance.

2 Likes

Thank you for submitting the log. I received the log. Is that V3 still not able to connect?

1 Like

I did a force stop of the app this time and checked the connection. I could connect about 15 minutes ago. Just checked now and It is still connecting at this time. I will check later as well and let you know.

Is there something you would like me to try? I have 2 extra v3’s and was thinking of changing it out, but also don’t want to do this if there is an issue with the FW or App.

Thank you so much. Please let me know if the Driveway V3 disconnects again, which will be super helpful for us to investigate the connectivity issue on the new firmware. :handshake:

1 Like

Just one other note, forgot to mention, my apologies. I also tested to see if it would stream in HMS. So I added it as an available camera to HMS, then clicked on the “More” link. The Camera page was shown and the Driveway Camera was nothing but a Grey Box. If you want, I can take a screen shot and show you. May be related as well.

Thank you for the update! The screenshot will be helpful. BTW, do you also have the screenshot when the driveway V3 can’t connect to live stream?

Yes, just happened again… Did a screen shot and trying to submit the log.

Here is what Happened:

• Tapped on Camera to load the Live Feed
  • Got to Step 3 of the process - Getting image (I think)
  • Timed out and restarted the logon Process again. This Time it got connected.
  • Then I just tried now at 6:05pm and it did not get passed Step 1.

New Log # is: 283492

HMS Issue with Driveway Camera:

• Added the Driveway Camera
  • Image with it Shown in the main screen

• Went into the Camera by Clicking “More” and thought it was going to work. 2 seconds of stream it stopped

• Closed the App and went back into it to see what would happen. I get the Grey box

2 Likes

Here’s what I found…

When beta 4.36.5.58 was announced, all of my v3 cams were running beta 4.36.3.19 with no issues. I decided to update half of my v3 cams to 4.36.5.58. When I ran the individual firmware updates (not bulk update) on each cam, 4.36.5.58 was directly applied to 4.36.3.19 (no incremental staging). All of my v3 cams running 4.36.5.58 except two immediately experienced time stuttering, rebooting multiple time per hour and severe live stream issues. These issues occured only between sunrise and sunset. All affected cams ran perfectly between sunset and sunrise. Some of the affected cams autoswitch to night vision after sunset, some have NV mode off. Some run IR on at night, some don’t. All cams are running Cam Plus.

At sunrise this morning, all affected cams began having issues so I decided to flash two affected cams back to 4.36.3.19. I live streamed both cams for 3 hours with no issues encountered.

I decided to update both cams individually and found that instead of jumping to 4.36.5.58, the update applied was 4.36.4.4. I live streamed these cams for 1 hour and they were stable with the only problem encountered being that the time wouldn’t sync.

I decided to update both cams again, this time to 4.36.4.20. I live streamed the cams for an hour with no problems encountered. Time sync worked under this 4.36.4.20 update.

I decided to update both cams again, this time to 4.36.4.24. I live streamed the cams for an hour with no problems encountered.

I decided to update both cams again, this time to 4.36.5.58. I tried live streaming the cams, but both immediately suffered time stuttering, rebooting multiple time per hour and severe live stream issues.

After an hour of issues under 4.36.5.58, I decided to go back to 4.36.3.19 and incrementally update both cams up to 4.36.4.24. They have been running flawlessly for the past 4.5 hours.

It’s 15 minutes past sundown here and upon checking my problem cams that are still running 4.36.5.58… they are back to running perfectly… because it’s past sundown.

What have I learned?

• The issues are somehow tied to sunrise/sunset. No issues surface between sunset and sunrise.

• The issues are not related to heat. It is in the low 70s here at sunrise climbing into the 90s during late afternoon. Half of my affected cams are located indoors where it is a constant 72F degrees. The other affected half are outside in shade. Cams that I never updated are running 4.36.3.19 and in direct sun and have no issues. The 2 cams that I updated to 4.36.4.24 this afternoon ran flawlessly in direct sun at 95F degrees.

• Other than being in the middle of a boot cycle, all affected cams write to the SD card fine and playback is not affected.

• Other than being in the middle of a boot cycle, uploading Events and AI processing is not affected.

• I have no idea why 2 of my cams are running 4.36.5.58 with no issues whatsoever.

• The last known problem-free firmware version is 4.36.4.24.

• When 4.36.5.58 was 1st pushed, we were at 4.36.3.19 so the update path was: 4.36.3.19 > 4.36.5.58

• Today the update path is: 4.36.3.19 > 4.36.4.4 > 4.36.4.20 > 4.36.4.24 > 4.36.5.58

Summary of today’s testing:

• 4.36.3.19 stable
  • 4.36.4.4 stable, but time sync fails
  • 4.36.4.20 stable and time sync successful
  • 4.36.4.24 stable and time sync successful
  • 4.36.5.58 severe time stutters, rebooting, live stream issues

Hopefully, you find something meaningful in this. I’m leaving all cams as is until the next update. I have indoor and outdoor v3 cams running 4.36.3.19, 4.36.4.24 and 4.36.5.58. If there is some scenario you’d like me run to help debug, please let me know. I’m online every day multiple times per day.

6 Likes

I am also seeing issues with continues recording not working on one of mine as well. Maybe it is also rebooting.