Wyze App 2.11 Released! - 6/10/20

Mine went missing as well. Also person detection is very poor.

I completely disagree, person detection for my cameras is spot on. I guess you might need to adjust detection setting to find that sweet spot because I did exactly that. Adjust, observe, modify observe and so on. It’s just finding that sweet spot.

Mine detects people outside the detection zone but doesn’t detect people in the detection zone. How should I adjust for that? :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Sorry if this has already been discussed, but … is it my imagination or can you no longer SWIPE while viewing an Event to advance forward/backward? Has that functionality been removed?

Trial and error. Put in a 32g micro SD and set to continuous. Remove detection zone. Set detection very high at first like 90-100 with no sound detection as that comes later as well. Go test it. Get it tuned in. Perfect it

Then add a Detection zone. Now goes see how that responds. I can’t tell you my settings as they are different for my location and placement of cameras.

Figure out how detection zone affects your camera, especially with cool down alerts ( but you have continuous on card ) and approach the camera from different angles. Adjust Detect Zone for that.

Sound detection is off on mine, I’m rural and I can hear a beer cracking open and a Aaaahh from 500’ away easily from neighbors. Only smoke and carbon alerts are set. Yours will be different.

You have to learn to think like a Burglar or a Thief, No Miscreant is going to walk up you footpath to your door. They are going to sneak. I use aftermarket infrared hooded IRLED’s to highlight bushes where they would scope out upon approach. They can’t see they are illuminated. I can and the cameras can. The last thing I want a camera covering is my doors. I want that heads up and if cameras trigger then it’s real.

Go spend time learning how these cameras work and get some aftermarket lights, even pathway dollar general solar walkway lights @ $2 each can steer a n’er do well away from intended path and right to the cameras.

Amazon has the IR LED outdoor lights very cheap. ILLUMINATE.

1 Like

After a restart person detection and notifications see to have come back. Detection area shifted some, still fine tuning that again.

1 Like

On IOS Apple is so sweet. I can view an event and swipe left to right to advance timeline closer to real time or right to left to go back in time. It works for me.

But then again after latest update, I reset all my cameras as new purchases, formatted all cards, regrouped them to zones and updated apps and each cameras firmware.

Never been happier as a WYZE owner and can’t badmouth delays in Outdoor Cam again.

On my V2’s placed in really weird places, I have witnessed birds ( springtime) flying up to the cameras and seeking a suitable nesting area.

It doesn’t hold their weight, minor issue and set my mind on why the new view?. Upon continuous recording I can see the birds are the culprits to my new view and have since hotglued the my V2’s to be rigid in place. So far so good, but will chicken wire if need be.

Is anyone having problems connecting to their cameras? I have 2 iPads side by side, one has this updated version of the App and other has a older version. The older version can connect to and stream from my cameras just fine. But the new App version cannot connect, ever. Same problem on my iPhone Cannot connect and stream.

1 Like

Try this.
Delete all cameras, push reset on the camera(s) and reinstall as new. It’s like a forced upgrade and reboot as if just bought from store.

I couldn’t get a few things correct until I took above actions, I even checked my app version as well.

Also, to add to my above post reply… I bought open box used but mint cameras from a social media site. I logged in with cameras to verify they worked and then unplugged them for a week.

You’d think once registered and connected would just require plugging them back in and :boom: they are viewable…not happening.

I had to delete a camera, close app. Open app only after doing my first statement above,…per camera.

If I opened app, tried to install the 11 cameras without rebooting app it was a mess of connection errors and timeouts.

One camera at a time, close app, power up camera, push reset, wait for “waiting to connect” then and only then did I open the app and proceed.

But I’m up and running better than ever using old Apple 6+ flawlessly.

I don’t have access to the cameras, they are at a remote location.

Sounds like bandwidth issues ?

Silly me. I thought we could just set a detection zone and detect stuff within that zone. :slight_smile:

Yes I suspect low bandwidth on the camera end has something to do with it. But, the older App deals with that much better and connects and streams. The new App doesn’t handle this use case very well at all.

1 Like

Allow me to clarify … in the post above I was referring to rapidly moving through 12-second clips by swiping forward or backward while viewing an Event. Has this functionality been removed?

See, there ya go…I didn’t know while watching an event clip one could use a swipe feature to fast forward or reverse. Thanks for letting me know. Now to go find out if mine does that?..be right back with an edit on both camera types and results.

Edited results from Pan & V2: I have no controls during the event playback except Pause & Rewind both cameras but I did learn another new truck in phone horizontal mode with a downward swipe. It’s a Mini Menu along the bottom and a Calendar at the Too of the screen. Pretty Cool. !!

Hey @Wyze where’s it clearly laid out about all these features people keep talking about in chapters and sub chapters?..please point US all there.

All that work, and still no fast-forward on playback?

Why is the development team ignoring this important issue?

I purchased the Wyze Band. From the moment I installed it the app has completely messed up my droid phone. My phone now restarts on it’s own and runs crazy slow. Once I uninstalled the app it works just fine again. I had been using the beta version. Now I have no access to my cams or the band.

Wholeheartedly agree with Popie regarding the ‘new’ Events area. It was so much easier to navigate/operate before the latest update. I much preferred where I viewed the events then had the option to Select All, undelete ones I wanted to keep, then just deleted the rest. And having to scroll up to the top of the events area is a real pain. Wish WYZE would regress this terrible ‘Events’ update.