This month, the Wyze AI model update mainly focused on improving Pet detection and Package detection performance. Specifically:
- Following up on the March training, we did another round of training for the Pet detection algorithm. We see improvements in multiple use cases especially indoor cameras used to detect cats and dogs.
- The Package detection algorithm is updated. From the in-house dataset, we see big improvements in the accuracy.
For the Face Recognition v2 system migration and internal testing, we’ve finished the Phase 1 migration and have been testing the performance internally. It is on-track according to the migration timeline.
In addition to the model performance, we are also testing a few improvements for the Cam Plus experience:
- We are testing two changes to improve the Cam Plus notification speed
- One fix for the “Error (06)” problem is included in the next firmware release though more work may be needed to fully resolve this for everyone
What is the number one thing you most want your camera to be able to detect or recognize? Leave your comment below in the thread! We’ll take this feedback into consideration when building our next round of AI and we’ll send some small perks to folks for posting good ideas!
To help us with training the new models and building new AI features, we are looking for the example data listed below. If you can find a few videos matching these descriptions in your list and are willing to send them to us using the video feedback tool, it would be super helpful for accelerating the improvement speed!
- Videos with babies inside the frame
- Videos with audio of a dog barking
- Videos with audio of a baby crying
- Videos with packages inside the frame
- Videos with animals inside the frame including but not only limited to dogs, cats, birds, and bears (we hope you don’t have a bear in your home but we have actually received videos of this before).
You can submit the video through the banner at the bottom of the event videos.
Also, if there is anything you want Wyze AI to develop, please leave your comments below.
These are the latest FAQ in our community:
Q: Why didn’t I receive any notifications from my Cam Plus device?
A: Please follow the steps below for troubleshooting:
- Make sure you turned on the “Detect Motion” setting in your camera settings. You can check the status through Home > your camera > Settings > Event Recording.
- In the same Settings page above, go to the Notification section and make sure you turn on notifications. If you want to reduce your notifications and don’t want to receive motion-only event notifications, please make sure the “All other motion” option is turned off.
- Go to Accounts > Services > Cam Plus > choose the device and make sure the AI detection toggle is turned on properly.
- Go to the Accounts > Notifications > Push Notification page and make sure the master switch at the bottom is turned on.
- Make sure your phone is set to receive Wyze app notifications in the phone settings. You can follow the guide for iOS and Android.
By the way, we are working on a new design to make things easier to set up…
Q: I signed up for the AI pilot testing for Face Recognition and Pet detection. But why is it not in my app anymore?
A: Face Recognition is not available for testing right now due to the system migration. If you cannot see the Pet detection, please go to Account > App Settings and clear the cache. Log out of the Wyze app and log in again.
Q: Why can’t I see my licenses after purchasing Cam Plus through my app store?
A: We are seeing quite a few cases the where the app store server is not syncing the right status to Wyze. If you were impacted by this issue, please log out of the Wyze app and log in again.
Q: Why didn’t I get my Cam Plus license after I purchased Wyze Cam v3 on wyze.com?
A: Your license will be sent to your account once your Wyze Cam v3 order has shipped.
For previous updates, you can find them here: