WiFi SSID issue during setup

I have previously setup several Wyze Cams without any issues. Today I was setting up a new one I just bought and on the WiFi setup section it was asking to type in the SSID and there wasn’t a list to choose from. My phone was connected to a 2.4 GHz network and SSID is broadcast. I knew the name so I typed in.

I’m using Google Pixel 2 XL with Android 9.
When this first occured on my phone, I tried installing Wyze on my wife’s device but same thing occurred there. She has Google Pixel 3 with Android 9.

In the end I did complete the setup by manually typing in my SSID. Also initially the connection timer went all the way to 0 and said connection failed. Back of cam had a solid blue LED. I restarted the app and the camera worked but had some weird default name because I never got prompted to change it during setup.

Just wondering if anyone has experienced this issue…even though I was able to get it to work.

I don’t think the app provides a list of SSIDs, it just prefills the one you’re currently connected to (that’s how it works for me currently).
I have had a similar issue to the timer going to 0 (although my issue was firmware updates progress bar that went to 100% then said connection lost (or similar)), and it worked after the cam restarted.

Ok I see. So it could be that Wyze setup has issues reading SSID on Google Pixel phones. I tried on Pixel 2XL and Pixel 3. Both running Android 9 and the SSID didn’t auto-populate on either phone.

It will not prefill if your phone is connected to the 5 GHz WiFi. Be certain it is connected to the 2.4 GHz WiFi.