Wi-Fi conductivity issue - FIXED - QA/QC

I have one Cam that just “had to be” right next to the router to work. I finally got fed-up and tore the cam apart, guess what I found.

IMO the cable was routed wrong and it crimped and came apart when put together at factory. I connected and routed the cable behind USB and now the signal is same as all other cameras

13 Likes

Welcome to the community, @joseph.j.helminiak. Thank you for posting your discovery on the forum. So it’s clear in my mind, which photo was the incorrect routing; the one that was run in between the USB-A and microUSB connection, or the last picture where it shows the wire no longer between the two?

We’ll make sure Wyze gets eyes on your post, as well. :slight_smile:

1 Like

The routing isn’t the problem the fact the antenna wire connector is not plugged into the gold plug is the problem. Touching is not the same as plugged in causing the problem. Nice find and bad production QC.

4 Likes

:rofl: Thanks for that. I was focused on the wire’s route and not where it terminated. My bad!

Wow! I see now since you pointed out that the wire wasn’t connected to the board. That is a bad manufacturing issue definitely. Great feedback, thank you. :slightly_smiling_face:

Okay I was not as clear as I could have been. I added notes to the photos.

3 Likes

Super information! Thanks for clarifying very clear now and the pics are very helpful. :slightly_smiling_face:

Thank you for letting us know! Could you please send me the MAC address of this Wyze Cam? We’d like to look into this further.

You did a great job on the workaround and we appreciate you sharing this information! Would you be interested in us sending you a replacement? This should not have been your experience.

1 Like

Gwen,
23yrs in the Army working in Calibration taught me a thing or two :wink:

Dallas and Kristen took care of everything for me :wink:
-jjh

3 Likes

Apparently it did! Thank you for using that experience and sharing this information. I’m glad that your replacement is already handled. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you for posting this! I had the same issue of not connecting with the camera in my kitchen. I saw this and thought I’d open up the camera. Sure enough, the same cable was not connected. I placed it on (which was a little difficult), and tested it. It works perfectly now! Again, thank you for posting this!

Glad I could help :wink:

2 Likes