Why doesn't Update All work Android or iOs #cameras

Why doesn’t Update All work Android or iOs #cameras.

It never fails, ever since the “Update All” was added to the apps android and iOs neither has worked here which is actually part two of my problem as it has made them ALL USLESS!
Because, every update (every other day) given cellphone and ipad one of the two needs to be (you guessed it) updated as i try to view the intruder here, And I Can’t because it Has To Be Updated !!
Is there actually an intelligent fix without all the "send us your logs file crap (which also never works)? If so, help…:woozy_face:

With very rare exceptions, you don’t HAVE to update either the firmware or phone app. One recent requirement was for people running ancient phone OSes, that new versions of the Wyze app would not support the old OS versions. Obviously, to get a new feature or bug fix requires either a phone or firmware update (or both), but generally there is not a requirement to update (unless you specifically want that feature or bug fix).

With that said, the production version of the camera firmware and phone apps DO NOT change “every other day” as you said. The Beta versions occasionally update somewhat frequently, but not that often most of the time.

As for the “Update all”, I have 31 operational cameras and two outdoor plugs. I have found that occasionally a device will fail to update, but that just leaves that device on the previous firmware version. Either trying again from the Firmware Update page, or individually updating from that device settings page will usually work the second time. I have also seen that the Firmware update page will sometimes report that a device update failed, but exiting the page and going back into it, will show that the update actually took properly - I suspect a timing issue in the app to device communication (maybe the app did not wait long enough for the device to respond).
I personally have only once had a firmware update brick a camera (several years ago prior to the update all capability). I was able to fix that with a uSD card update. For reference, I am in the beta program and update all my cameras with every single beta update - so I’ve done a lot of them. The only exception is that as of some time last year most of my V2 and both Pan cameras have RTSP firmware, so they don’t update via the app. A few V2 and all my V3 cameras and outlets do update via the app. I am aware that some people reported a problem with firmware updating causing problems, but I did only once.

K6CCC
In response to your email answer to my query: that takes me to the root of my issue, when I need to see my Outdoor Cam the darn things disabled because, yeah I have to wait for just the router or cam because both Do Not Update Together. : )
Thanks

Also,
I may have confused the issue as It Is the App itself and Not the Cams.

“Update All” only works on the cameras but I usu. only update one to test it out first.
There are a couple App updates per month which may seem excessive. (https://support.wyze.com/hc/en-us/articles/360024852172-Release-Notes-Firmware)
Notification are available under Wyze News - Wyze Forum
Hope this helps :slightly_smiling_face:

I refuse to buy the Outdoor Cam because in my opinion, Wyze crippled it to badly in order to make it battery operated.

1 Like

I don’t have WCO’s, either. I looked at the specs when they came out and I decided I’d wait for the next product.

I need an outdoor camera installed high enough so a passersby won’t grab it. And with a WCO I’d need to get a ladder every few days so I can charge the battery? First couple of times, OK. But long-term? No way.

I really thought Wyze would discontinue the WCO product line as soon as the V3s came out.

| Ipil60R34s
August 18 |

• | - |

I don’t have WCO’s, either. I looked at the specs when they came out and I decided I’d wait for the next product.

I need an outdoor camera installed high enough so a passersby won’t grab it. And with a WCO I’d need to get a ladder every few days so I can charge the battery? First couple of times, OK. But long-term? No way.

I really thought Wyze would discontinue the WCO product line as soon as the V3s came out.

Visit Topic or reply to this email to respond.

In Reply To

| K6CCC
August 18 |

• | - |

I refuse to buy the Outdoor Cam because in my opinion, Wyze crippled it to badly in order to make it battery operated.

Okay, if you don’t have Wyze Outdoor Cam you can’t understand as the Cam and it’s Router update independently on the apps.

Thank you

My point is: why are you updating firmware at all? As I said in my first post, with VERY few exceptions, you never need to update firmware at all. Same thing for the app. And normally they do not automatically update - unless YOU tell them to.

I have one WCO in an obscure place where I cannot get power to yet. The others I have changed to a V3 - which I like much better.