What is showing swirling on night vision?

Hard to tell but looks like condensation off of a warm camera or will go out on a limb and say poltergeist or ghosts if not… Otherworldly. Who knows that’s a good one.

If this is Florida, then it’s mosquitos

2 Likes

Outtake from Twin Peaks Season 3.

It clearly seems to be particulates suspended in the air and moving w/ air currents; and I’d imagine the likely culprit is water vapor. The question is the source. You say it’s mounted on a tree away from your house, so likely not dryer exhaust – but do you have a sprinkler system by chance that could produce ambient droplets?

What about timing – how many events and at what times of night do you get this effect?

Can you move your camera to a different location that is away from that apple tree? Perhaps affix it to that skinny little tree in the video and point it back at the apple tree, just to see if there is a change in effect.

Its moisture being gently swirled round by the calmest breeze, most likely from a pin-prick hole in an irrigation line

I get old spider webs that swirl around like that.

Let’s get back on track because the giggles and explanations are equivalent to “Aliens”…

The original poster didn’t understand the footage, and I’ve seen 10,000 yrs of footage manipulated from original rare footage.

But, I’ve never seen this:

The camera is placed in an apple orchard, there’s a raccoon clearly fleeing the impending mist/exhaust/outgassing… occurring somewheee between 4’-7’ elevation mount…

But yet another fine astute observer said using headphones that it sounds like a train…

OP: responds that they live nearby a train junction.

We all saw the raccoon running, we all saw the fumes from the ?? Source???..

I’m fully convinced the OP HAS CAPTURED…

Train exhaust gasses destroying or infiltrating the crops and wildlife fleeing from results, and I don’t blame the railroad for what has been known for 175yrs of integration across it landscape…

And yet people build next to bridges and want the beauty and not the actual use of the bridge in itself.

He lives next to a railroad junction and IR features captured what really does happen when you buy next to known issues.

Think 3 mile island…great flat land, getting water from discharge pipes into local supply.

1 Like

Harsh yet truthful is my standpoint. To live on a cliff and expect no erosion over the decades of your minuscule time on earth…

Is equivalent to a most of Africa wanting rain and not planting trees and soil nutrients to the rapidly draining soil.

We live in amazing times, the changes you want start with you and your persistence to make good soil from bad. Science teaches us that. Worms are the first thing you need to develope habitable soil.

I’m just a farmer, worms and rain is all I use. When Wyze gives me a camera that captures me in my land turning poor river bank soil into rich Humic based crops, I’ll buy it…

Still waiting Wyze. WHY?.

1 Like

Or how about the finale of Raiders Of The Lost Ark? Or Darby O’Gill And The Little People? But the atmospheric sound really leans towards David Lynch.

Dont know what it is but its really interesting to watch. Thank You! :blush:

1 Like

We have had some problems that look like that also and we have found it is spider webs. I can watch a spider spinning the web at times. I have to go out and clean the cameras prior to night fall. As soon as winter hits that problem will go away. Hope you found your answer. I did not read all of the replies so maybe you already found an answer…

The raccoon was kewl. Love night vision. I would guess it’s just wind

Do you live next door to the Munsters?

1 Like

Would seem to be that the motion detection is detecting heated air swirling around. Would not be strong enought to trigger recording by itself but with an animal coming thru it is triggering the recording. Just my 2 cents.

1 Like

I can’t believe nobody commented on this…If you watch the swirling fog, at one point you can actually see a person, well a fog person actually walking thru it all…I’m pretty sure you captioned a ghost…go back and watch it again, and you’ll see it…
Randy

2 Likes

Awesome capture!
Just curious if you are using an sd card in that camera? The reason I ask is it would be interesting to see what was going on in the minutes before and after this 12 second event.
The wispy undulating movements are quite unlike any fog, steam, or even smoke that I’ve seen outdoors. It almost seems to be alive by the way it moves.
I also don’t think a passing train more than a quarter mile away would contribute to this.
I have captured myself along with other strange (non dust) objects moving around me on IR during the day and night that I could not see with my own eyes. I’m just wondering if what you captured would even be visible without IR illumination?
Maybe its just Gaia’s microbiome/mycelium off-gassing, who knows?

Yes, good catch! You can see it moving from right to left for a brief second. A type of pareidolia? Maybe, maybe not!

Your kids are outside smoking weed, probably.

1 Like

It’s fog, precisely - ground fog. The foggier it is the more you will see that effect.