Weird V3 Pro 2k streaming problem, but time of day related only

Yes …both location show 2of three bars however it will not work outside the house and is located 6 ft away from my v3 1080🤷‍♂️.
I even tried shutting off all the other

I thought it was network related as well. Went ahead swapped out my APs with others I had laying around to test but didn’t make a difference. Not seeing any unusual interference either. No issues with any other wireless device including a wireless Apple TV 4K.

Appears it may be more common than we thought. More users chiming in as more are delivered.

Both of mine are within 10ft of the AP and show 2 out of 3 bars well. Neither will stream in 2K reliably until it gets dark outside.

1 Like

Oh I forgot to say this camera is a replacement of an existing v3 1080.
I wanted to see the video difference between 2k and 1080…impressive I may say when it works!

Yes. I have 7 of them and all 7 stream perfectly fine in 2K both in the day time and at night. I have no streaming issues at all.

CORRECTION: I do have the livestream skip a second in the time count in the bottom right every 6 seconds or so, but there is no change in this behavior between night and day.

1 Like

Tap on screen there is a drop down u can select… easiest way… pops up on the upper left

Maybe everyone should start posting their make/model of router? Is there a commonality here?

No.

I am running professional TP Link gigbit access points in my home. So, it’s not my wifi signal.

Same here, but currently running only 5. No problems live streaming all v3 Pro cams in 2k 24/7. I have an absurdly robust network though.

3 Likes

I was going for (20 people have Eero routers and 20 have issues type of thing)

ASUS zenwifi AX 6 Mesh system. Device reports 2 out of 3 signal quality under device info. Works fine at night but not during the day on 2k setting.

Mine is Xfinity Gateway looks like tall deodorant dispenser

Not sure if there’s a common denominator. It seems more likely on IOS, but the sample size is still too small. Everyone here reporting the issue has different routers.
It’s just so weird that it’s only a daytime problem. It isn’t related to night vision either. For example, now that it’s evening, mine is streaming perfectly in 2K again and if I force night vision to off in settings for color view, it still works perfectly. However, by sometime tomorrow morning, streaming will start slowing down by studdering/skipping seconds and eventually freeze until I switch it to SD which makes it stream fine. Then by tomorrow evening it will work fine again in 2K.

One of these days If they figure it out, I’m really curious about what it is.

2 Likes

I’m running a Fortigate firewall and UniFi APs. Tried switching over to a couple eero 6 Pros (bridged) to test but made no difference.

1 Like

I already mentioned, but mine is an Eeero Pro Mesh system

Was steaming perfectly until a few moments ago. Also had night vision mode turned off. Now can’t steam without 10 second pauses.

1 Like

Like clockwork once morning arrives. So weird.

1 Like

Since Wyze uses Amazon servers, I wonder if there’s some sort of server switch on the backend between day and night. I don’t know how that would affect local streaming, even if that was the case, but there’s obviously something that causes this with multiple customers in different locations, with different network equipment.

It is Wednesday 10:48am and my live stream is dead. As normal.

did a bit of testing this morning. put a second v3pro camera beside my other v3pro. They both experience the same stuttering and stopping during live streaming when it occurs. Starting live streaming this morning and it was streaming perfectly. I left the stream run to see if it would encounter the stuttering. At exactly 6:35 EST after running for about 20 minutes, it stopped live streaming. I rebooted the wyze app and tried streaming again but it would not even stream. My night vision mode is currently turned off. It looks like the signal strength always shows 2 bars on my 2 cameras whether the camera is beside the mesh access point or 30 feet outside the house. Not sure it is displaying correctly. I would like to hear someone from WYZE provide comment on this common problem that everyone seems to be having.

2 Likes