Water proofing your Wyze Cam

Use a 25oz plastic jar. Put a small hole dead center on lid the size of the mounting bolt, another small hole towards the edge for the cord. Screw the lids small center hole on the mount bolt, then screw the camera on same mount bolt. Plug in the camera and run the wire through the outer small hole you made in the lid and seal around wire. Now screw the jar on the lid tight. Poof! 100% waterproofed! The cam will freely spin inside the sealed jar. The Wyze cam pan dimensions are 2.36" x 2.36" x 5.2" corner to corner is 3.4" across. jar dimensions are 3.7" across x 5.7" high. not much room for error, but it does fit and works great.

1 Like

What about heat dissipation and audio capturing?

1 Like

Can you show what video quality looks like? Also won’t it hold moisture?

I have had no problem with moisture that i can notice, I have not even checked the sound because this is on top of a 10 foot PVC pipe strapped to my chimney above my roof top and 40 feet high, no sound needed. i will check it out though.

1 Like

The video is slightly distorted but nothing to concerning. Ill get some video and post it soon. I have had no problem with moisture that i can notice, I have not even checked the sound because this is on top of a 10 foot PVC pipe strapped to my chimney above my roof top and 40 feet high, no sound needed. i will check it out though.

1 Like

Holy cow, 40ft high! You’ve piqued my curiosity. If I may ask, what is it keeping an eye on?

1 Like

This one camera can see the entire perimeter of my property 360 degrees. I can also keep an eye on heavy snow buildup on the roof top. best $25 i’ve ever spent.

2 Likes

heres a pretty good article on the Wyze Cam

1 Like

Flexseal… Its liquid rubber in a can…

1 Like