Watch Firmware Updates Failing

I have a recently opened Wyze watch on version 0.2.87 and has the same issue as the opener. Cannot update at all, tried for the last several days, Downloading firmware screen doesn’t move at all. Hope this will be fixed soon.

3 Likes

Do the developers need logs or is there any other assistance users can provide?

1 Like

I will ask and let you know

1 Like

I have been told this is being worked on and so far no logs will be needed

1 Like

Excellent! Thank you for the status update! :+1:

1 Like

FWIW, I have experienced the same issue while unsuccessfully trying to update the FW on my mom’s 44mm watch right after it arrived in the mail. Based on a few hours of trial and error, I’m convinced that there’s a bug lurking around in there, so I’m glad to hear that Wyze is working on this. I also want to add that any suggestion that the issue is related to one’s internet or Wi-Fi speed or channel is not plausible. The size of the FW file is relatively small compared to streaming a 4K movie flawlessly from a streaming device, which my mom is able to do. On another note, my mom just called me to say that her watch did not reset her steps or the date overnight, and the time was off. Resynching the watch and the app solved the issue for now, but an 85-year-old parent shouldn’t have to baby sit a watch like this just to get the correct time and date.

I’m a little late to this party, but I bought a brand new Watch 47 this last ~1-2 weeks, and have been frustratingly been unable to update the firmware, as well. The Wyze app just always bumps to an “oops try again later” page anytime I try to download the firmware. Everything else (including my Band) are all up-to-date on firmware - only the Watch 47 is unable to update due to a failure of the app being able to download it.

1 Like

I’ve the same issue with Watch 44mm. Support people do not seem to be aware of this issue.

1 Like

I just got a new Watch 44mm this week and I’ve been trying to update it for 3 days. It’s two versions behind. Updates have been broken for 2 weeks? Are there any official updates on this?

1 Like

It is certainly frustrating, as I’ve the same issue.

Kennetbh

Any update on resolving this issue?

The last info I have on this is from May 31, when I was told they are still looking for the issue. I do know it is being looked at and I check in with them about once a week for anything new.

2 Likes

I have the exact same problem going on with my 44 that I received yesterday. It appears to have no internet connection. I validated all communication, restarted the app, restarted the watch, nothing.

Hopefully the next app update will address this.

For not it is working perfectly on 0.3.90

3 Likes

I just received a 44 yesterday and also have not been able to update the firmware. Getting the oops screen. Powered off watch, reset watch, manual pairing, factory rest, Bluetooth forgetting, nothing works to update firmware.

1 Like

I have the same issue. I just bought the 44 watch. It says an update to the firmware is available. I accept it, It says “downloading firmware.” Two hours later it still says the exact same thing. I have rebooted the watch, rebooted my router, iPhone, and even tried updating firmware ALL. The other items that need updating did update. The watch just keeps saying “downloading firmware.”

Microsoft’s Ball of Death has discovered another haven!

Also having altogether 47 watch issue since the latest App update!? Has been permanently disconnected & it won’t connect no matter what I do!? Watch IS fully charged, I have unpaired & reconnected bluetooth, have restarted the watch, have force closed the app & cleared the cache etc…literally have done EVERYTHING besides factory reset which I shouldn’t be forced to lose my info & factory reset bcuz of fault of wyze NOT patching/fixing problems &/or updates??? I’ve literally NEVER had an issue like this with ANY Wyze product b4 & I’m REALLY NOT HAPPY especially considering this comment feed has been running for 20 days & we have been told “Wyze is working on it” but NOTHING HAS BEEN PATCHED/FIXED!? I’m basically wearing just a regular watch at this point which is UNACCEPTABLE & NOT OK??? WTF WYZE!?

Poor customer service Wyze Ticket 2042740

For weeks my two Wyze watches fail to update software. I gave it some time to see if it resolved. When it did not, I replied to the original service ticket. I got back a ticket closed msg saying that I should start all over again. Wyze service has really gone downhill.

[Mod Note]: Your topic was merged for better visibility and consistency in grouping similar issues. Also note that Wyze is aware of this issue and currently working towards a solution.

Fyi I very recently bought a Watch44 for both my wife and myself. My watch won’t update the firmware yet hers had no problem. She’s on Android and I’m on iPhone. She also didn’t previously have the Wyze app on her phone (was a new user to Wyze too) whereas I did (and it’s up to date - it has several Wyze cams registered and I’ve been a Wyze user for several years ).

When I removed the watches from both phones and added my watch to her phone, it had no trouble updating the firmware.

So this is possibly an iPhone-specific glitch. And/or a glitch with old user accounts. And/or a glitch with an account with prior registered devices.

That’s very helpful. I’ll give it a try.

Thanks,

Bob