Wall Socket Hub with Remote Plug

Is there an option to plug a device(hub) into a wall socket and with the use of a remote socket I can plug my device anywhere without a cord within range? I hate having to use extension cords. Any advice would be great. thanks

Hi @AnthonyWS
If I understand you correctly, what you want to do can be done by using a Wyze Plug. It can be plugged into an outlet and your device can be plugged into it. The Wyze Plug can be controlled thru the Wyze app and does not require a separate Hub.

1 Like

I don’t want to be limited to the location of the plug. I want the camera outside without a long extension cord. Would be nice if a remote plug existed

I’m unclear as to what you mean by a “remote plug”.
Are you suggesting some sort of wireless power transfer to a remote location or device?

There are some discussions here about solar panels and batteries if you want to build your own remote power source.

1 Like

What is a remote plug ?

Hi I don’t think it exists. Would be nice to have a device you plug into any socket and with a remote plug you could put a camera anywhere.

Wall plug - plug in a transmitter

This transmitter Sends signal to another remote plug that your device is plugged into.

Allows for a plug anywhere

There are 3 types of remote power devices that I am aware of:

1. There is a pair of devices in development that microwaves your AC power from the outlet to the remote plug. Hazards include development of some cancers and neurodegenerative diseases in anyone living nearby. Excessive exposure increases risk of cancer, male infertility, and neurobehavioral abnormalities.

2. There is also a parallel effort to develop a pair of devices that beams your AC power from the outlet to the remote plug using a laser. Hazards include the disintegration of engineering crewmembers trying to turn it off.

3. And lastly, there is a single device already in production that looks much like a Wyze smart plug, which extracts vacuum energy from an artificially created pocket of subspace-time. You could run a city off the output, but people keep using them to run Outdoor Cameras because they’re weatherproof.

I’d get the last one. It seems to be the safest and most flexible, but it does come with a small-print warning that the estimated blast radius of a malfunction could encompass the entire solar system.

I wouldn’t worry about it, though. :grimacing:

1 Like

We built a small Tesla coil for the science fair once. Cool wireless power for florescent lights and such… Maybe a really big one of those could do the trick.

We all know we’ll be using 100% wireless powered devices by the year 2041. (Just after the LambdaLambdaBoBambda strain hits. }