VROOM? V2? rc?

I hope they announce the winners for ALL the contests in the same announcement (ie: include the Wyze Forum winners, Reddit winners, Instagram winners, etc., all in the same announcement.

I wonder what is taking so long. I would’ve thought it would be easy to decide the winners since most of the contests were straightforward non-subjective rules, like “most upvotes” wins, which is easy to figure out…unless they changed their minds to make it more fair and avoid all the fake upvote or early posting = higher exposure issues. Still, 2 weeks now… there was a lot of good competition in this forum, so I doubt I’ll win here…but I’m hoping for an Instagram contest win (which never promised anything about the most votes winning)! :smiley:

1 Like

I agree

[Mod Edit]

Moderator Note: Personal information has been manually removed from this post. Such information often gets included inadvertently in an email signature block when replying by email. The forum software attempts to automatically remove email signatures but it is not always successful. When replying to the forum by email, it is best to remove the signature block yourself before sending.

It was listed with free shipping … and the cart kept changing, mine was bought in the first round (shipping went to 5.99), so will you be putting it back to $0.00 ?

Everyone affected by the free shipping listing should be refunded. More information here:

1 Like

I did believe it, but was very disappointed in the ordering process. I had one in my cart several times only to have the site crash. tried at each release all day long. very disappointing.

1 Like

Same here, if I could get that far. I was right there at the right time, and it was a complete joke.

Has anyone heard about the contest winners? The thread was closed but no announcement ever was made about it.

I feel like they punk’d us with the contest.

1 Like

Everyone was saying they thought the cars were April Fools’ joke, but those were real.

It turns out that it was the CONTEST that was the April Fools’ joke! :rofl:

I’m just kidding, but that would be pretty funny. I am sure they’ll eventually get around to giving some of them out.

I could see a few reasonable delay rationales, such as wanting to wait until the shipments come in first and see how many extras they really actually have. Maybe they can give away a few extra prizes. I wonder how many they need to save for warranty replacement issues or lost/undelivered packages issues too.

Consider this though. Wyze ran contests multiple places: Here, Reddit, Instagram, Twitter, etc. Lots of those places aren’t associated with their Wyze accounts and Wyze has no idea who those people are or where they live. If I were Wyze, and I wanted to announce one of those accounts as a winner, I would DM them first and give them X number of days to respond. If they respond, then Wyze gets their name, address, etc and makes them an official winner. If they don’t respond, then Wyze moves on to the NEXT runner up and makes them the true winner instead. Once that is done they can officially declare the winners in each platform/contest. If they announce the winners, and those winners never respond, then they have to figure out what to do with that prize, and it could look weird giving it to someone else instead, and then that initial winner might come back and start complaining how they won but Wyze never gave it to them, and all sorts of stupid drama. If I were Wyze I’d confirm the winners’ names and addresses on each platform first, then announce the winners.

Yes, I know it has been long enough to do this already, maybe Wyze is just procrastinating to let some of the flames cool down a little first (or try to forget about it all themselves for a minute). There was a lot of anger, entitlement, and hurt feelings going on related to this product. Maybe they’re waiting until it gets closer to the time they ship them before stirring things back up again with people being entitled and angry that someone else’s “worse” or “lame” submission got chosen instead of their own “awesome” and “best” submission and anger about cheating, favoritism or whatever else is sure to be alleged no matter who wins some of the contests.

I suppose it’s reasonable enough [for me] to give Wyze until around the time these start shipping. Having said that, I am anxiously awaiting hearing the results myself. As I recall, the winners for this platform’s contest were supposed to be most liked submissions win, so this forum should be fairly straightforward who won with no significant surprises, but some of the other platforms never said they were for “Most liked” submissions and had different entry qualifications which Wyze would have to verify. I am hoping to win one of those. :smiley: But I won’t be upset if I don’t win there either, it was just a fun contest/game to me.

2 Likes

And if that lottery approach had been used from the beginning, thousands of people would have saved thousands of hours of vain sniping time.

1 Like

I agree with @Customer

Congrats to the Wyze forum winners:

I wish they would’ve announced who won on ALL the platforms though…I knew I wouldn’t win here, but was hoping for an Instagram win (also Twitter and Reddit had contests), but they didn’t announce any of those ones, maybe they forgot?

2 Likes

Different social media platforms will be announcing at different times. As for when it will be, I’m not sure.

1 Like

That works. Thanks Brady. :slight_smile:

1 Like