Viewing playback on outdoor cam

Thank you. Then something must be off because I am getting no events at all. It was working then it just stopped.

There may be a bug. Check out this other thread for a solution that is working for some people.
Cam outdoor - #245 by Wellcraft19. See comments near the end.

Thank you very much!!!

And not only record the events to the base station sd, but also include being able to playback them from the base station sd which has no power issue.

2 Likes

They absolutely need to provide the play back from the base station SD.

3 Likes

I am so incredibly disappointed with these cameras. There is no playback, yes.

BUT I have tried several different things to get my camera to actually record events during “scheduled times”, and it will not do it. I have installed different SD cards, I have changed locations, I have a hard boot at it, I’ve done everything!

I have a pan cam located very close to where I put this camera, which is picking up motion, during the night, but this camera (the outdoor camera) is not picking up anything!??

The schedule is not working! And what is the point of having an SD card in the base station and the camera itself if you can’t play things back?

You should give us the option? I’m using this to monitor animals on my property, and I don’t care if I have to RECHARGE the battery?

A simple solution would be giving the “option“, that’s it. And PLEASE fix the BUG with the schedules.

I absolutely love your company, and I know that you guys are perfectly capable of modifying this via software. I myself on a tech company so I know A bit about coding and program development. Please give the community their option to, back up to SD card for continuous recording and playback, or at least let us turn it on via the application :pray:t2:

2 Likes

I think the only problem with that is it would increase the cost of the camera overall. Because good solar energy panels, meaning a panel that would actually be able to charge it fast enough to keep it running in good condition, would cost a lot more than the cheaper ones.

But they should just allow us to make the decision on our own, whether to have continuous recording and playback, and have to charge the device at our leisure or not.

Also, I think there could be a workaround with SD cards located in the base station, to feed the continuous recording to the base station? But I’m not really sure of the internals of the hardware and if they would be compatible :woman_shrugging:t3: Hopefully they figure it out :crossed_fingers:t2:

1 Like

Installed my outdoor device yesterday and turned on Motion detection and they show up in Events as expected. Noticed that no playback available so installed Mirco Sd card in camera and don’t understand it’s intended use if not able to access it with App over internet.

If the SD card is just usable by removing it then don’t bother installing IMHO.

I agree. I installed sd cards in base and the outdoor camera. Makes no sense to climb a ladder to remove the camera and then take out the sd card. I wish they would add the playback as an option and let the users decide if they want to use it and recharge the battery more often.

Do you mean that when you click on the picture in Events, that it doesn’t play the 12 second video? I don’t have to take my SD card out of the camera to play the videos. In fact, this one just came in today. I had a little visitor hiding his nuts in my planter! ::

1 Like

No the events play back fine. They are in the cloud for 14 days without an SD card

Maybe I didn’t understand your question. If there are any videos that you want to save longer, you can save them to your device or upload them to Google Drive, like I did with the one that I just posted. I get dozens of videos every day because I have 3 Wyze cams and there is no way that I would want to save videos of the dogs walking through the room, or me letting the dogs out. LOL

Very disappointed hoping without the cloud I would be able to record events either on the camera or the base station (I have sd card in both) there seems to be no way to watch event from my phone

I watch the events from my phone all the time. All you have to do is click on the event and it plays the 12 second video. You can also save the video to your phone, or upload it to Google Drive, etc.

1 Like

That is the only thing you can do with the outdoor camera- play the 12 second event. However there is no playback mode as on the wyze cam that would allow you to see what happens before or after the 12 seconds. To view what is stored on the sd card you have to remove the card from the camera and insert it for example on a PC.

True, and one of the biggest downfalls of the software… It’s like they want to make it as inconvenient as possible.

2 Likes

Makes no sense. Arlo does not have this issue at all. Also has to have the network station.

And now they want to charge for person detection. So first we fund it, the SW functions are not prime quality at all on the outdoor cam. Come on Wyze team… treat your community as you would want to be treated.

1 Like

I too just discovered the No Play Back option. I get the battery life issue/concern but this is a big bummer. If I cannot playback other than the 12 second video this is not Considered a Security Cam by any means. Wish I would have seen this thread before I jumped on the wagon. I would be better off placing a V2 outside in a protective enclosure at least if I have a burgherly I can have video to fall back on. And other than scheduled recordings what good is the SD card in both the Camera and Base station.
Bummer Wyze team…bummer
Change the code, give us the option to play back and we can deal with battery life. I’m sure the Dev’s can work this out.

2 Likes

I can say that I truly don’t know why they didn’t offer the ability to view the cards contents either via their software or be able to access it thru either a phone or tablet…

1 Like