View On PC/Browser (Windows / Mac / Chromebook)

Sorry, I’m not good on this. Can anyone show me step by step how to install app on my PC desktop windows 10. Is that the same installing app to the cell phone?

I got pc desktop windows 10. Could you show me step by step how to install docker-wyze-bridge in my desktop? Sorry, I’m not good on this.

I’m using mrlt8/wyze-bridge:latest

I believe there are some other users with various NAS that can run it in a docker container. My NAS is too old to run actual apps beyond the samba server and a few others for ftp or web - its fine for storage but not much else. I still had my old 2nd gen i5 desktop so pulled a drive out of an old laptop that was starting to fail and plunked it into the desktop, updated win 10 and all the drivers and set it up to run docker desktop which includes docker-compose. It’s running well for the most part. Check the readme and/or wiki - may answer all your questions. I just setup a folder on C: drive that was easy to access for my docker-compose.yml file, copied the example, edited it for my specific cams, followed the instructions and it works - it even can display my old beta doorbells that I’m still using for live streaming. There’s also pertinent info in the discussions and issues sections.

Ya, sorry - I don’t believe its really ready for anyone not good with setting up configuration details or using the command line. There is no GUI yet so not easy for those only used to running software in windows or OSX type environment. You can have a look at the instructions at mrlt8/wyze-bridge:latest on github. He does layout the install steps for different methods like windows, linux, docker raspberry pi, etc. Personally I think its best to run on a separate machine than one’s primary PC. A raspberry Pi makes for a good cheap little server for it. I just happen to have some old PCs laying around I’ve been able to use otherwise I’d get a R-Pi.

ok I will try to check on that link. Thanks

I’m not running Docker, yet.

Our caretaker’s phone in Nicaragua cannot download the app - there is not enough memory/data space. They have very simple phones here. We need a desktop version - They have a laptop and wifi.

If you have a paid subscription you can use the web view via browser but I believe they’ll need your login - not sure if a shared user login will work. I would think someone here knows for sure.

Only other option I can think is to setup a pc on your end to display the web view, then use something like the free teamviewer app so that pc screen can be shared. I used the commercial teamviewer at a company for remote access to support users at home. It worked well for us.

The Fire 7 tablet was $30 a couple of days ago. Use that or an old phone, install or sideload the Wyze app, and send it to them? Any old smart phone will work fine on their WiFi, even without active cell service.

Or maybe pick up a Chromebook for $100 and send that…

Edit: Sorry I wasn’t clearer - this was addressed to @tamarastenn

I have an old pc desktop that has windows 10 is the one I’m trying to use for wyze cam.

I would like add that features RTSP and easy to connect my ASUSTOR NAS Surveillance as well, So I can read locally IP address and port… This way I can capture built in SD as primary and NAS will be handle live and recorded 24/7 and cloud as my backup…

2 Likes

pc desktop app

It would be nice to have the app on a pc so I can set one up as a monitor for all my cameras

[Mod Edit] Merged with an existing wishlist topic. Give it a vote to help it along!

2 Likes

I got tired of waiting so I installed WSA into Win 11 and then tinyCam Pro from the included WSAs Amazon App Store.

One would be mistaken to think the close ties WYZE has with Amazon that the app would be available thru WSAs Amazon App Store.

You CAN sideload the WYZE nodpi apk into WSA but it’s PITA to do. And I wasn’t willing after the disappointing display results from sideloading the WYZE nodpi apk onto one of the Chromebooks here.

2 Likes

Hurrah! I also tried out the Bluestacks but it was easier to just get a tablet :slight_smile:

It’s pretty basic right now but I really would like to have an option between tiny window and full screen resolution with scroll bars; like be able to scale it with an up/down by 5% or something even or set preferences to scale the main app preview and another to scale the large. Good to see this exists now though!

It came up and I can see my events on my PC but it won’t go live.

1 Like

The live view takes a very long time to start on the web page, but comes up quickly on the app. Is there a reason why this is? I need to have a web page to view the cameras, so if this is not going to work well, I need to find another solution.

Yes, webview is in Beta - at least that’s what Wyze calls it. It sometimes works and sometimes doesn’t. Wyze doesn’t feel the need to tell us anything or run a proper beta. I’d look elsewhere.

Check out the docker wyze bridge on GitHub. If you don’t want it on you primary pc, you can run it on an old pc or can put it on a raspberry pi - it’s also beta but seems to be frequently updated. The web ui is new, can display all cams on one screen, shows a snapshot of each with an adjustable refresh period, has links to the live streams which can open in another app like vlc or browser tab or separate window. It’s not for the tech challenged though. Might require some firewall and/or router port opening or port forwarding. Otherwise it seems only option is tiny cam on an android subsystem.

2 Likes

There is no work being done to get Wyze cameras on Windows platforms. There is a ton of garbage out on the internet. URLs referred to do not exist. Driver Update bottom feeders pretend to be a pathway into getting Wyze to run on Windows 10. Wyze is only for Android & Apple… there is no hope of getting it on Windows 10 so forget Wyze unless you want to monitor everything on a tablet or phone. GRRRRRRR!!! Wyze also need to clean up their act on their Website. No way to access support…

1 Like

Is this the one you mean? GitHub - mrlt8/docker-wyze-bridge: RTMP/RTSP/LL-HLS bridge for Wyze cams in a docker container