View On PC/Browser (Windows / Mac / Chromebook)

Not so. I was able to open it fine without a Google account and in a private browser tab.

Spoiler alert: he’s using the Bliss Android emulator to install the Wyze app. :slight_smile:

I only briefly skimmed it but I don’t see how this is different from what people have been already doing with emulators (including in this thread) for years?

Granted, there’s a lot of discussion on this subject, and I haven’t come close to reading all of it. This being said, from what I can gather there hasn’t been much I’ve seen that supports running a true/native version of the Wyze cam app on a PC, mostly just other 3rd-party apps like tinycam that don’t really give the Wyze app’s look, feel, and functionality. Also, I haven’t seen much said with respect to booting into a native android environment on a PC in order to run the app natively as an android app, What I have been reading is a lot of wish-there-is-a-way’s to running the app on a PC the way it was designed to be run – as an android app – which essentially explains the basis for my project. In any event, I’d especially like to hear feedbak from folks who have taken the plunge and have actually tried it, in the hope, of course, that their hardware will run it.
bh

Except it’s all there. There are 164 mentions of Bluestacks in this thread alone, as well as lots of other similar Android emulator solutions.

I’m glad you got something working to your satisfaction but was just wondering if there is anything unique about your solution.

https://forums.wyze.com/search?context=topic&context_id=6739&q=bluestacks&skip_context=false

Huh, I went looking to see if anyone had used Bliss before and there was one post in March… by you. :slight_smile:

Is there a way to watch the Wyze Cam live stream on Web browser. While at work - it will be lot convenient for me to watch the stream on browser than watching on mobile device. Wyze software sucks. Most cams support e-mail notifications and watching the live stream feed on browser

What I’m more interested in is building a solution that works directly in the browser, not through some emulator. That way it can easily be adopted into home automation solutions.
The cam already has RTSP, though I’m not sure if it’s stabilized yet, and streams directly to the app also. So has anyone done any serious data capture from the camera?
If you have a router where you can set up a separate VLAN, and have a different AP, you can route all traffic from the 2nd AP to the separate VLAN, put the camera on that AP, and then do a tcpdump of all traffic while viewing the feed on the app.
My guess is that all non-video traffic will be TCP and all video feed traffic will be UDP.
The Ring doorbell has TLS on-chip so encryption is done at the hardware level. Maybe to keep the costs down, Wyze doesn’t?

No.

Wyze does not.

No, the current model, the V3, does not yet have RTSP available.

How freaking true… How in the world can this attitude by Wyze possibly be good for business? I believe that in the beginning, there were some core decisions made that although still in affect, no longer represent the best interest of growth potential for Wyze… Surely it would be in their best and future interest to revisit those decisions, keeping in mind the customers needs and the competitors offerings…

1 Like

…and watching a live stream feed in the browser”.

I get the impression some people must ignore a lot of the listings I see for low cost cameras. A lot of them offer no option other than their own app.

That’s without also including the cameras that use outmoded technologies (e.g., an ActiveX control for Internet Explorer) to do so.

1 Like

Not natively. You can set up a tinyCam web server and add Wyze cameras.
The process has been outlined several times in this and other forums.

1 Like

Getting the feed for any IP camera has been very easy, for a decade. Sure they come with a bunch of other issues that IP cameras inherently have, but pulling the feed is a breeze. But hey, then you wouldn’t have a subscription business model I guess.

This is a standard modern business model: sell cheap products with most of the features enabled, then up-sell a subscription to enable the rest.

This has become a common business-model, like gaming companies like Xbox/PlayStation. Sell the hardware cheap with minimal software features. If you need anything more than the basic features, then go for the subscription model. I will be going back to D-Link - where you have e-mail notifications and live feed on browser.

D-Link wouldn’t be my first choice:

I have simple needs for my camera’s at home.

1. ONVIF and/or RTSP compliant, thus compatible with Blue Iris and any number of NVRs on the market, for me: QNAPs QVRPRO app.

2. Works with Home Automation, such as Google Home and Alexa Echo Show

3. Native App for the Camera works with Android OS and iOS and iPadOS as an app that is actually aware there is this thing called Landscape Mode on an iPad, and iPad’s and android tablets, can have an external keyboard physically connected to them (bring up a picture of a laptop if confused here)

4. Doorbell Camera can output a video stream that is usable in a proper orientation on external devices (Yes, even an iPhone can be in a Portroit mode watching a video, when one might swap over to see the doorbell)

5. I can view LIVE Feeds on a Alexa Show or Fire TV from my cameras

6. Battery Operated Outdoor Camera’s have a Solar Option

7. Did I mention Landscape mode on an iPad?

8. I’’m not forced to pay a subscription to view my live or stored video

9. I can view my 15 cameras in a Web Browser and/or Native app on a Windows or Mac device

10. Common sense cost as well, I realize the Wyze Camera’s are a great value when it comes to initial cost, if cost needs to increase to allow for these common sense features, so be it. I’m sure Wyze can figure out what price point works for the current market.

11. a spotlight camera that fits into the criteria above.

12. a porch light that ‘hides’ a wyze type camera below the porch light and also fits into the criteria above.

13. Perhaps a toothbrush with a camera embed in the bristles so I can watch my teeth being brushed in real time?…. NOT! (Fix the existing issues with your Wyze App, etc, before embarking on new products!!)

And, I’m sure there are more, but I need to get to work this morning, everyone, feel free to add to the list

SJ

1 Like

Having worked for multiple startups, you don’t get to be a successful business without sacrificing quality for quantity. In that I mean, you develop lots of features that work most of the time for most of the people. Once you have your consistent target consumer buying the product, you then go back and release new versions of existing features which contain the fixes, because “V2 of xyz” sounds a whole lot better than “we fixed the bugs in xyz”.

1 Like

Which repo?

Big time up-vote right here for everything you listed. Thanks for your input!

Thanks for the info

I knew it was a monetary limitation. Too many years have gone by to implement this basic functionality.

They weren’t using WebRTC before.

It was noted in their May 31 email (the one with the subject May Highs and Lows: New Products, The Chip Shortage, and a Major Upgrade for Cameras"):