View On PC/Browser (Windows / Mac / Chromebook)

2018 Mac Mini on Big Sur

If you have an M1 Mac the iPad OS app will work.

Yes, I have an M1 Mac on which the iPad Wyze app works at FULL SCREEN.
I also have a mid-2012 Mac on which the Android Wyze app runs in BlueStacks at FULL SCREEN.
So if you are at home with a Mac this is an option available to you until Wyze has a browser-based version of its app. Just a point of information to be helpful. I am not opposed to users getting a browser-based version of the Wyze app.

Your 2018 Mac Mini should have no trouble running the Android app on BlueStacks at full screen, as I do on my much older mid-2012 MacBook Pro. Try it and I predict that you will be pleasantly surprised. Then, when Wyze comes out with a browser version you can switch to that if you prefer.

Off topic but I’m interested yet curious as to where you are able to buy Flic 2 buttons for $20 or anything near that. Amazon only seems to carry the original less talented Flic button, and the Flic site at Shortcut Labs wants $37 for one button with shipping. And if you need your phone to use it in order to avoid buying their $100 hub, why not just use the phone’s Alexa app Routine?

I just bought their 6 pack that normally is $179, but currently on sale for $119. Let’s see 119 divided by 6 is about 20. Yep, gotta buy a hub or a low end kit to get started. But I have them everywhere now. Love them. Sorry, it sounded misleading.

Every time that I have looked at their buttons on Amazon, Amazon is much higher. This is one of the few products that I buy from the manufacturer site vice Amazon. :slight_smile:

Good idea. Now that we can apply more than one name to an Alexa routine, I can use the button and a named routine by its name.

Hello,

Any updates on this topic?
Web or native app would be great, but RTSP would be also a pretty good option.

@mdzidic
They have announced it is in development for a web version that will be under the Cam Plus features

RTSP exists for the v2 and Pan currently and is being worked on for the v3

4 Likes

Is that a light I see at the end of this tunnel??

Or the shining star out of a butthole that’s talking. (Not you Jason, just company history)

I really hope so, I know with it as part of Cam Plus it will still disappoint many, but it is a step in the right direction I believe

2 Likes

Yup, would be better like Nest. The iPad app actually works better on an M1 than an iPad as you don’t have to rotate the screen to portrait when navigating the app.

So almost 4 months later and not a word about progress or ETA?

This is after all just a web browser client to view the video that should only be accessible on a local network it would be a mistake to make it accessible from outside the local network after all.

A decent dev could have built a working client to work in Chrome in less than a week, ground work for video streaming is already there in Chrome it just needs a plug in to the Wyze stream.

So what is going on here? We need more transparency and some real answers because the Cams should have come with this feature 3-4 years ago when I purchased my 1st one I now have 7 including 4 Cam3, so we have waited 3 product cycles and 3 months + 11 day if my quick math is right.

I get at least 3 emails every week about new product being launched and existing preorders and their status so one single email on this would be super nice.

Thanks

The most recent update was about 2 and a half months ago in an AMA in which it was stated a web client is bring worked on and it will be s part of CamPlus.

2 Likes

Building something is rarely the problem, it’s the planning, the testing, the documenting, and the deployment. On top of that you have to run it through multiple departments for security, legality, verbiage, and support.

3 Likes

Also, multiple browsers have to be supported besides just Chrome - that’s before getting into issues related to different operating systems and hardware (which, despite what many ‘armchair experts’ would claim, does have a significant impact on software development).

3 Likes

Welcome to the ArmChair Warriors & Software Developers Club!
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

2 Likes

Thank you. I bring with me 35+ years experience in IT, the vast majority of it on the development side - starting with IBM1401 SPS.

Yes I know, but my welcome post was not directed towards you.
Please note that it was directed to Graf. :upside_down_face:

That’s got a nice :ring: to it… Charter membership?