View On PC/Browser (Windows / Mac / Chromebook)

BlueStacks rocks. I like it. It’s the answer.

I hate bluestacks to slow

2 Likes

Just to be clear that means 4 and a half hours to read this Wishlist thread.

1 Like

If Wyze doesn’t take this as an absolute NEED by their patrons then nothing will. I am hopeful they will produce a solution for this but if not I will not buy another Wyze product. They are proving to be like a gimmick product that claims to be one thing but fails on so many elements for a “security” product for the camera system.

HEY WYZE!!! Are you reading this? If so… get off your couch cushion and answer your community who has CLEARLY voiced their NEED. We don’t need a work around, a third party product or a hacked system to make what should be a native feature possible. This is now nothing more than a joke!

2 Likes

Open source it or do it.
Wyze need to grow and join to the open source community.

3 Likes

FYI - the Alexa app for Windows 10 now supports video/audio for Wyze cams, so if you use Alexa, you can install the Windows app, and view/use your Wyze cams in Windows.

2 Likes

I am not sure I understand. I have a Windows 10 desktop with Alexa. What do I do to view the cams?

Go to Devices, Cameras. Mine all show “Live view not supported”.

(This also assumes you’ve installed and linked the Wyze skill.)

If you’ve enabled the Wyze skill in Alexa, go to “Smart Home” in the Windows Alexa app, and find your cameras.

1 Like

Huzzah!! It works! now I can have a tiny picture in picture anywhere on my PC screen and watch my camera while I’d doing other things on my desktop. Then I can instantly open up the PIP and use the microphone.
Thank you jack 4!!!

Interesting. Mine doesn’t offer the ability to use the microphone. I only get audio from the camera.

1 Like

Never mind that! My updated Android app still claims that, but the Win10 app DOES allow me to get a single stream to the same Wyze cameras. @jack4 is a genius. :slight_smile:

No mic support that I can see. The app’s stream launches much faster too, 6-10 seconds. Almost reasonable compared to the 12-20 seconds for an Echo Show / Fire style stream to begin.

Thanks, this is a real convenience for many.

Yes, it’s great. I installed Alexa on one of my Windows machines today. I can keep an eye on my yard using a second monitor.
Thanks for posting @jack4.

2 Likes

Oh, also a tip for those nuts like me who avoid using a Microsoft account, you CAN install Win10 “apps” like Alexa from the “Microsoft Store”. Just keep declining to log in and the app installs anyway. :slight_smile:

(You may need to start with a direct link from a search in your browser.)

1 Like

This is great - thank you @jack4 ! Now if we could see more than one at a time!

1 Like

Wow! Having the ability to view my camera through the Alexa app on Windows 10 is a big step forward. It’s not perfect because there is no PTZ capability, but at least it makes it possible without having to load BlueStacks and run an android app virtually to do it. That process isn’t easy to explain to an older relative or family member who isn’t too computer literate.

2 Likes

Thank you Jack4 for the heads up and that works great on my windows 10 and have sound + live stream awesome

Can someone help please? I have tried the Alexa app on pc. The cams are linked,but on the smarthome page it says" the pc currently can not control your device. "

So here are somethings I would like to ask:
Does the app work with wyze V3 cam?
Do the cameras have to be on the regular firmware?
Do the pc and cam need to be on the same network?
Do I need to have an Amazon device in order for this to work?

Thank you in advance

1. I don’t know but assume yes.

2. Any Wyze firmware should work. Mine is quite old.

3. I don’t think so.

4. I don’t think so.

Do you have the Wyze skill installed in your Amazon account and linked to the Wyze account that controls the cameras? Is your Alexa app logged in to that Amazon account? Did you tell Alexa to Discover?

Mileage may vary; it doesn’t work on my phone Alexa app but does in Win10.

thank you for the reply.
I am using the stock firmware on V3 and rtsp on V2. Will the Alexa app on pc support them?
sure , they were linked successfully, and they appear under the smarthome Tab , but it says " the pc currently can not control your device". That is why I ask those questions since I don’t have any amazon device .
When I use wyze skills to show the cam , it just says"ok", but nothing happens after that.

1 Like