Video Doorbell

I had subscribed to this thread ( among others) to notify me of all posts. So as soon as Gwen posted I got an email. I ignore 90% of the emails, but if the from is any of the Wyze crew, I make sure I open it.

2 Likes

There are probably many signed up that do not hear anything, the waiting list is about 10k according to this post:

3 Likes

I just got Fedex shipping notification. I was all excited until I saw that it was just my new kitchen faucet from HD.

1 Like

Any hardware preview? Anything :wink:

Hello @born4thesky and welcome to the community.

From what I have seen they usually do not let much out until the early access sales.

3 Likes

Yes, please! Video doorbell would have been one of the first smarthome devices I would have purchased, after getting my Echos set up. I’ve held out on buying Ring in hopes Wyze would enter this market. I love your product and want to keep my video monitoring in the same family on the same platform.

2 Likes

@UserCustomerGwen, I got your email yesterday about the doorbell test being delayed. Totally understandable! Thank you for the update. I bet it is like herding cats in Kirkland right now.

As far as I am concerned, we are on YOUR schedule. Not the other way around. When they are ready to be tested, then we’ll get to test them.

9 Likes

Agreed

2 Likes

Please create a doorbell camera. For one, this is a device that police are advocating people install as it benefits the community. For the user, something that integrates into an existing camera system is ideal. Making installation simple (using existing transformer wiring) would be a big plus (solar panel wouldn’t work as my door area is shaded and I have no access to install additional wiring).

1 Like

Well put, and agree 100%. Understand that R&D has to come after production concerns. Happy to get to test whenever you guys are ready.

2 Likes

GOODD NEEWSSS (futurama reference) for you, they are already on it, in fact they are already preparing units for beta testing.

3 Likes

Agreed. I’d rather the product be delayed and good then rushed and full of avoidable issues.

2 Likes

Any idea on when these will be released? We are looking at options for the front door and this may be worth waiting for.

1 Like

And if you do make a video doorbell like the Ring Doorbell, please don’t charge a monthly fee to access the playback of the recordings from the camera. One of the reasons I won’t buy the Ring Doorbell.

6 Likes

A video doorbell is in the works, and while I cannot speak for Wyze I do not beleive there will be a monthly monitoring or subscription fee…

9 Likes

It seems noteworthy that someone who does speak for Wyze liked your post. :wink: Haha.

5 Likes

Ha ha…

I have a Ring and to say the least they stink as doorbell cameras. I have to use a Ring quick app to get notifications for my door bell at this point. They knew Android 10 was coming as a operating system and never tested their app for use with Android 10 . The high end galaxy phones are now being pushed Android 10 . I talked to their support and they said they are working on it , Its been a month now , that they have been working on it( the problem is they knew a new operating system was coming and never tested it). The fact I am paying them 3.00 a month for something that partial works right now. I am not a happy camper , If Wyze had an alternative solution, I would definitely go with it.

1 Like

While I already have 5 of the V2 cameras active. I purchased 2 more over the holidays to try to create my own outdoor/door cam but still haven’t found the right solution. I have played around with my 3d printer but didn’t get the chance to print it out.
I know for over a year they have been talking about this. I just filled out the survey to help test. I sure hope I am included.

Will be great to have a Wyze doorbell. I am very impressed with your products.
Thanks Wyze!

1 Like