Video Doorbell

Would just involve having a plugin transformer like
https://www.amazon.com/Aerb-transformer-Transformer-Doorbeell-Thermostats/dp/B07MRJSXS5/ref=mp_s_a_1_12?keywords=ring+transformer&qid=1565817631&s=gateway&sprefix=ring+tr&sr=8-12
And routing the cables through the door frame

1 Like

The more I think about it , with blink and wyze cams covering the porch , driveway and the road , I really don’t see a need for a video doorbell or any doorbell :neutral_face:

Couldn’t wait. Purchased from Amazon for $49 powered by 3x2600 MaH 18650’s (included). Could be hardwired but my doorbell is on one side and now partially covered by storm shutters. Has 32 GB microSD purchased separately. Command stripped to front door. 6 IR for night, PIR motion, or doorbell. 720p very acceptable. Good audio in and out. No cost cloud storage can’t be activated from SUPER POOR ToSee SW on iPhone which is biggest drawback. Also no real tech or any other support. Would love Wyze alternative with similar but improved quality/service.

You Purchased what for $49 ?

My apologies. This:

Thanks for that, just posting a link would be a better option

This video doorbell you purchased, it’s not Alexa ready. And you need to buy a separate chime for in the house to hear it. Cellphones don’t always sent notifications on time. It looks good, fair price but not up to date with what’s out there.

I currently own a Skybell Trim plus camera, but I would love to have all my cameras under one app, and a doorbell that works with my google home. There are 2 things about the skybell that I really hope that the Wyze video doorbell also has. One is the ability to mount the doorbell on a narrow pillar where my old regular doorbell was (Width of the pillar is like 1.4 inches). I don’t have a digital chime, so the skybell worked right out of the box. I also like that it saves a video of like 5 secs before someone pushes the doorbell, but I wish that i could set it up to record longer. Having a narrow form factor would be fantastic.

2 Likes

Thank you very much for the lesson. Next time I will do that.

From mobile device

Alexa capability is not important to me and perhaps to many others. I hear the bell chime well on the two iPhones the application is mounted on inside the house and elsewhere. If you find a better option for a lower or similar price, please share it with us.

From mobile device

Or even just a button (doorbell) and you place the camera attached to that button or just near the front door. It would be a choice of the home owner to get the best possible vision.
And you could replace the camera for a newer model or change between the Wyze Cam or Wyze Cam Pan. It’s all about choice.

A light on the doorbell wouldn’t go astray either so you could get color vision at night. LifeHackster did a YouTube video on this exact issue. BTW he used a Wyze Cam behind glass. Check it out here… Wyze Cam WiFi Security Camera Behind Glass Window Setup + Lighting To Prevent Glare - YouTube

1 Like

I would love love too see a wyze doorbell in the coming months.

1 Like

As would I. As it’s in development, perhaps Wyze would consider a PIR detector rather than the pixel comparison in order to lessen the false alarms/notifications. This may considerably increase the cost but believe some may be willing to pay extra for an IR version and keep the PIR versions the same cost?

So! When is this doorbell coming to life?! Would love to have Wyze make one up. That one, one app, one technology. It would be a great addition!

2 Likes

I just bought another house and looking to install all wireless devices and try to stay on the same platform. how much longer do you think we have to wait for the outdoor camera’s and the outdoor video doorbell? and outdoor sensors?

2 Likes

Wyze hopes to release their outdoor camera by the end of 2019 and hopefully their video doorbell will be released this year also.

They hope the outdoor cameras will release this year, as they’ve already been testing them with beta testers. That’s roughly 5-6 months between beta testing and their planned release date. No beta testing yet on the doorbells, so I suspect it won’t be out till 2020.

3 Likes

Those of us in apartments or rentals without wired doorbells would need a battery version, so it would be best to have both options, bUT otherwise just the battery option is better than a solely wired device. If you have wires, you can still use a battery operated device, but of you don’t have wiring, a wired device is useless.

3 Likes

Hi, everyone!

We are working on developing the doorbell camera and have a short survey about hardware preferences for you if you’re interested. This survey will only take about 2-3 minutes of your time and will help guide our development (we figure you may be interested given the topic this is :wink: ).

Thanks for your time!

8 Likes

I just completed the survey, but I thought it would be much more detailed than it was.
Some questions I would have added:
Do you prefer PIR (passive infrared) motion detection over what the Wyze V2/Pan cam uses?
Do you need hard wiring to your current doorbell system, and/or completely wireless using batteries?
Do you want to be able to store more than a few 12 second videos to the cloud every day?
Do you need a separate ringing module for inside the house?
Do you need more local storage than 32gb on a MicroSD card?
Do you need 2 way communication with the person ringing the doorbell?
Do you need 5ghz support?
Do you need better theft-proofing?
Do you need IPX7 or better waterproofing?
Do you need a way to trigger another Wyze appliance from the doorbell?
Do you need facial recognition instead of just human recognition?

Just what I could think of quickly after owning a Yeoman Video Doorbell for 6 months!
It is good news to see that you are moving toward the doorbell sooner rather than later!
Thanks for the opportunity to comment!

7 Likes