Video Doorbell

I would like to see a picture of the video doorbell. Since some people are apparently testing it already.

I don’t think they release pictures during the test phase. The first public media normally comes out when the “Early Access” becomes available. I never saw any pictures of the lock until early access.

5 Likes

Hoping the official announcement coming sooner than not. I’ve been wanting to get rid of my OG Ring for so long now (for MANY reasons). I have eyes on a replacement of another brand… but I’m a Wyze Loyalist and trying to hold out!! :smiley:

4 Likes

No photo or pricing teasers yet but we appreciate your interest! We’re very excited about this product and having it ready for everyone later. :slight_smile:

14 Likes

Are there plans to sell a video doorbell similar to The Ring? If so, is there a timeline for its release?

2 Likes

Welcome to the community, @greg.counts. I have moved your question to the relevant #roadmap topic. Please see below how the #wishlist and #roadmap work on the forum. :slight_smile:

Search Wishlist (enter your search word/s after #wishlist in the search box)
Search Roadmap (enter your search word/s after #roadmap in the search box)

Please read through How to Use the Wishlist and How to Read the Roadmap.

3 Likes

Sadly, I am going to have to move on, as our new house has a dead doorbell (Ring). Pulling the trigger today or tomorrow to replace.
For my (wired) application, criterion are HD, good night vision, and FREE access to at least 24 hours of videos. That is probably the same as I responded to the survey a few months ago.

2 Likes

What will you buy?

I am leaning towards Skybell. My application can easily handle the 2.8" diameter. I hesitated to indicate, so as to not promote another vendor.

I will still consider an offering from Wyze, as it would be nice to have everything on the same platform and app. My experience - and the final Wyze features - over the next few months will determine how motivated I am to switch.

What made you like that one? Don’t they charge a monthly subscription fee?

Skybell does not have a fee. It is Ring/Amazon and Nest/Google that have fees.

2 Likes

And Arlo … And Simplisafe. Probably others.

I really am not looking for the “razor and razorblade” business model. Especially when the hardware is expensive AND the cloud access is expensive.

1 Like

I currently have no working doorbell at all, so I’m in no rush, really. LOL

1 Like

I haven’t had a doorbell in 25 years so , I’m thinking , I probably don’t need one :thinking:

3 Likes

lol I feel you. Anything to discourage people from wanting to talking to me. What I want is a smart device to spray people with water if they knock on my door.

3 Likes

Well , I have 2 cameras watching the street and driveway and another one directly on the front porch , one each covering the other 2 entry doors I have notifications set for all of them.
With the doorbell I would just be adding another camera on the porch.
If you knock on my door and I don’t know who you are your just out of luck

2 Likes
7 Likes

Are there any updates on the Video Doorbell Camera?

2 Likes

@jls4wheeler Right here :point_down:

7 Likes

Thanks!

2 Likes