Video Doorbell - Ideas for Quick Responses and enhancements

So, I just got a package at the door and I had an idea. I’m fairly certain this has been done before in the history of wifi doorbells but I haven’t seen it been mentioned on here.
Here’s the idea:
Someone’s at the door, but you either can’t talk to them or just don’t want to. There should be phrases built into the app that the doorbell will say for you.
Examples:
-Hi, please leave the package by the door.
-Hi, I’m unavailable at the moment but can take a message.
Etc
This would be a convenient way to communicate with someone at the door without actually having to speak to them!

[Mod Edit]: Title modified to be more inclusive and to enhance search clarity.

Welcome to the Wyze community @canaanjgonzalez!
This is an excellent idea! Would these responses be recorded by the user or would there be options for the user to chose? Would this be triggered only when the doorbell detects a person? Maybe the responses could be scheduled or turned on and off based on the user’s location?

Also, don’t forget to vote for your own #wishlist item!

6 Likes

I completely forgot about my post ;-;
I very much appreciate the response and I see a new tab in the beta app :eyes: that’s amazing (mine doesn’t seem to be working at the moment though)
My initial thought was that they’d be pre programmed into the system, and it would be spoken like how it is in the setup phase, although user recorded messages could work great too.
Having them show up on the “call” screen when someone pushes the doorbell would be amazing too!
Oh yeah and also user location based responses would be great, although with multiple people in the house it may get a little tricky.

This would also be a great screening tool
ding dong
User sees doorbell has been pressed and uses voice response
Wyze DB:“Hi, how can I help you?”
Person: “bla bla bla I’m here to sell you useless things”
DB: “No thanks! Have a great day!”

It would be cool to have options like “how can I help you” but then leading off of that there can be like “yes” “no” “thanks” etc

3 Likes

So I’ve had the doorbell for about a week now. Video is clear and audio is decent. It failed to notify me when there was an intruder, but that was without PLUS and that’s different story.

Anyway, I noticed this week that Delivery guys would quickly press the doorbell, wait for no more than 5 seconds, then drop the package in front my my door assuming I’m not home. On my end, it takes more than 5 seconds to open the app and once it’s open, poof the delivery guy is gone.

I’m proposing the ability to change or modify the sound the doorbell makes. Perhaps something like a voice saying “Calling owner…” or perhaps a phone ring similar to condos. That usually keeps the person, delivery guy or whoever’s at the door waiting. Of course, this feature would need to be tested.

2 Likes

I wish to make a custom response other then just they 3 default that is provided. It would be nice if it could be recorded in my own voice so they would think I am at home if not.

3 Likes

Feature Request: I want to define a rule for my doorbell that triggers a “quick response” when it detects a person. Imagine being able to have it say “Can I Help You?” if somebody comes to your porch while you’re away. I feel like most thieves would turn around and go the other way if they suspected somebody was talking to them.

Second half of this request is to be and to define/record your own quick responses. I’d like to get creative with my “away message”. :wink:*

3 Likes

Add “Sorry no soliciting” or equivalent to Doorbell Camera “Quick Responses”

The number of at home solicitations have skyrocketed where I live in the past year; some legit and some scams or pre-cursors to burglary/home invasion.

It would greatly increase at home personal safety if Quick Responses had a “no soliciations” message for people to use.

1. the quick response would not disclose any personal information of the resident to the solicitor (age, gender, # of occupants, or other audible meta-data)

2. the quick response would avoid confrontation/retaliation due to it’s neutral computer generated/recorded tone and delivery. It’s easy to get irritated with solicitors, especially when they ignore posted signs.

3. this should be “low hanging fruit” for the devs as it is only requiring an additional canned response to be added to the three currently available options.

Please upvote this.

[Mod Note]: Your topic, associated replies and votes were merged to this #wishlist request for better visibility and consistency in grouping similar requests.

4 Likes

Done. Well argued.

Add the ability to customize the quick responses!

We should be able to write our own quick responses on the doorbell!

1 Like

Could we also add a No soliciting message or allow for users to record their own custom messages?

1 Like

I would like to be able to type maybe 5 to 10 quick responses and save them. Like, Stay off the grass. [Save] You are being monitored. [Save]
Etc.

1 Like

Doorbell plays quick response as Porch thief’s approach camera

I was wondering or possible making a suggestion for an update where … the quick response plays “ Hello can I help you “ when it detects a person on the porch …. Can this be a huge suggestion added . It may not solve the problem of people stealing packages completely but it should deter porch theives to an extent

1 Like

Curious if any devs have looked into this? Would be nice to add/customize a quick response. If not, at least add something to the effect “Not interested, have a great day”. Sometimes I am not in the position to speak to the person but the quick response of “Can I help you?” (Already a quick response) and “No thank you” (Would like added as quick response) would be nice to have as a basic response.

Excellent idea!

Like above it would be nice to have custom responses and also have them in my voice. If that is not in the cards, I would at least like to see in the quick responses one that says Leave the package at the back door. All my delivery preferences with all the carriers is to leave packages at the back door, but very few of them do, and I would like to remind them of my preference.

great idea!