Objects in motion (not stationary) notifications only

Classic Projection

And yet, you are still here. Perhaps fulfilling some need that cannot be obtained from first person social interactions.

My point is this… It is perfectly acceptable to be critical of the choices Wyze has made as an organization; the introduction of bugs into the ecosystem; the lack of progress on specified enhancements; the shift in business model; the disruption in service resulting from updates and cloud changes; the diversification of product offerings detracting from core focus; the ineffectiveness of customer support; etc.

However, to do this in a way that targets and demeans specific individuals, groups of individuals, or the individual employees of Wyze is clearly in bad taste. Resorting to calling the developers working there incompetent and liars is base name calling. It reflects upon your character, not theirs.

1 Like

Okay. lol

Back to the topic – my cams have suddenly started giving me vehicle detected notifications on parked vehicles, and this never happened before. Now it’s happening a lot. What’s up with that?

It should have been happening with your from day one, because that’s how it was designed to work. The so called “smart” people at Wyze felt this was something we needed. I could care less about parked vehicles all I want to know about is movement. And I only want to know about it within my grid.

Well, OK, but like I said, it never happened before (or at least happened so rarely that I never noticed it) but now all of a sudden it’s happening enough that I do notice it. A moth can fly between the camera and the parked car, and the system declares it’s detected a vehicle. Yes, it’s right, but like you say – who cares?

I’d say for the past couple weeks or so I started getting the vehicle notifications. I’ve had my cameras in the same place nothing changed except firmware.
Not sure if it’s the current firmware or the one prior.
This is a V3 camera with the floodlight.

Same here … it’s a new phenomenon only in the last couple of months at most. Never used to happen. v3 camera with no floodlight. I’ve had to turn off notifications from the carport because they are repetitive and therefore not only useless but aggravating. (I guess I’m glad to know my car is still sitting in the carport where I left it – but I don’t need a push notification to reassure me on that point.)

Wyze please fix!

The worst part is it’s not an occasional mistake, it’s like set times of day I get back to back floods of notifications.

Cam plus AI improvement false vehicle notifications

To keep down on a large amount of false motion notifications, I utilize Cam Plus. I utilize the Pet, Vehicle and Person filters which are very effective.

I’ve noticed over time that I get false vehicle reports because of unrelated movement in the frame. Flag waving, shadows, etc. The AI is failing to restrict the motion detection to the actual object, a parked car. The AI motion detection must be filtered to the position of the object. A parked car right in the frame is nothing worthy of a notification because a waving flag is moving elsewhere in the frame.

All the best

Yes. I agree. :slight_smile:

I mean… Let’s say I have my expensive car in the driveway and I want my cameras to monitor if it gets stolen… They are arguing some some people want a constant reminder that it is still there? (But you would only get that notification if leaves were moving?)

I would argue that as my car is getting stolen, it is MOVING and that is when I would like an event and notification!

:slight_smile:

I think we all want out cameras to notify us of important changes in the environment.

To me, the static objects in the frame are way less important.

(I can only hope they don’t add a new AI detector and tag called “HOUSE”… Actually… I would love if they had an “unwish” list on this site for us to “unvote” for features they think we want… :wink: )

Cheers to this. I just turned off Vehicle detection on the cam that can see my parked cars. It was making me crazy with alerts telling me “Your cars are still there!” If somebody wants to steal them or peer in their windows, the person detection ought to suffice.

Getting recordings that are labeled as vehicles, that are parked is pointless. When I have the AI set for Vehicles I could care less about a parked vehicle, only moving ones. I don’t even care about static packages either, only that it was placed there. Just today the AI saw a person walking and labeled the video as a person and a vehicle (that was parked), yet it totally missed the dog the person was walking.

Like a lot of Wyze users, I use the cameras to keep an eye on things around my home. Since the cameras mount on the house and face outward, as expected there is a vehicle parked in view. Having every event tagged as vehicle does not really help. An event tagged vehicle and person does not differentiate between someone walking by or a delivery person driving up and getting out.

yes, but in capturing everything you can use the filtering to narrow results. so if for some reason someone broke into your house but you needed a view of jst the parked vehicle you could filter just by that as well. it’s better to have too much than not enough. and the filtering is a great tool.

1 Like

Intelligent artificial intelligence

Anything described as having intelligence should have some. Wyze’s AI does not.

No matter how much training it seems to get, it can’t tell the difference between a person and a vehicle, a shadow and a vehicle, a light and a vehicle, or an animal and a vehicle. Non-moving objects (like parked cars) don’t need to be recorded… or identified as things they’re not: German shepherds, moving tree shadows, a kid on a tricycle, a person making a delivery. Each has been tagged as Vehicle.

What Wyze users need is intelligent AI that is trained to distinguish objects and differentiate between static and moving objects without wasting users’ time to see something that isn’t worth seeing. Boulders are more interesting than Fiats, but Wyze AI is too stupid to tell.

Make it smart. Or don’t claim to offer it.

[Mod Note]: Your request was merged to this topic for consistency in grouping similar requests. Please remember to scroll up to the top and click the VOTE button to show your support. You may also wish to comment on and/or vote for Motion Algorithm to Ignore Blowing Leaves/Shadows/Bugs/Snow/Rain/Headlights/Flags.

1 Like

Here we are in August of 2023 and the AI still has the same issues people have been complaining about, so it doesn’t seem to be learning much at all. If I use the AI and set it for Person, Vehicle and Pet it tends to miss one or most of them, expect parked vehicles. So then I end up having to set it to record all motion and now it tags nothing, just says it’s motion and I get shadows from trees moving, giving me a lot of video to review. It’s a no win situation, one setting misses a lot and the other records too much. I have to question if Wyze will ever be able to get this to work correctly.

Yes, Wyze’s artificial intelligence is definitely artificial. It’s like the flat-nosed dog who chases parked cars or the blind men describing an elephant. I’ve stopped submitting feedback because the system is incapable of learning — like workers who can’t be given 15 minute breaks because, after 10 minutes off the job, they have to be retrained.

I think what could be somewhat easier to stop these notifications if there was a way to number the boxes that we see for the detection zone in the code. That way when the new event occurs the code can compare the new vehicle boxes to the last and see if they have changed. For example, number the boxes from top left to bottom right and you have 128 or whatever it is. The first motion detected you see that boxes 13-16, 25-29, 39-43, etc have a vehicle and store that for the camera. When the next motion event occurs it figures out the box numbers for the vehicle and if they match; no vehicle detected.

1 Like

I often receive alerts that 1) motion triggered my camera, and I’m notified because 2) a vehicle was detected. Well, yes, that’s my driveway so there is a vehicle in the driveway and the motion was wind in the trees not movement of the vehicle. This feature could be improved to look for a vehicle in the motion box, and only notify in these circumstances. Thank you for coming to my TED talk.

Notifications should be enhanced

The notifications are deceptive. When there is a parked car and if something else moves in the same place, even though car isn’t moving the camera pushes a notification as “vehicle detected”
and it keeps sending this.

please improve this because I bought 2 more cameras for my garden :slight_smile:

[Mod Note]: Your topic was merged to this Wishlist request for better visibility and consistency in grouping similar requests. Please remember to scroll up to the top and click the VOTE button to show your support.

1 Like