Vacation Mode - Allow user selected timeframes and sunrise sunset options

I completely agree that vacation hours should be customizable. I have rigged mine with a rule that says if the vacation mode bulb turns on after sunrise or before sunset to turn the bulb off. That works pretty well except it seems to make the bulbs turn on and off at the same time and not randomly.

I agree with this. Mine are always on during the day, which is a waste of electricity, and wares the life of the bulb down faster.

Having three different smart home gadget brands, not including cams. It’s so much easier to use Alexa for vacation mode instead of several.

ADD Dusk to Dawn or Custom Time Period to Vacation Mode. The fixed 6pm to 11pm Vacation Mode is no good.

[Mod Note]: The scope of this wishlist topic is not limited to the 1st post. This wishlist topic serves as a collection of users’ ideas and use-cases for Wyze to consider when implementing the requested change as indicated by the title and supplemented with replies. Consolidating ideas and use-cases into a single topic helps Wyze employees be more efficient and increases the chance of implementing this change request.

1 Like

This !!

Just got a pack of Wyze bulbs and were limited to the setting of Vacation mode

It would also be nice to add vacation mode for a rule , so we can set up a rule for what time the bulb needs to go into vacation mode and what days .

Confused as to why Wyze has limited this …

Ya, many of us been asking that question for years. I wrote a work around rule to turn off the bulb (that is in vacation mode) if it goes on before sunset or after sunrise.

Just bought a couple of wifi smart plugs and realize that vacation mode is useless. Got to be able to set constraints that represent when we are typically at home Wyze - Please move this higher up in your to-do list.

Random time offset to start/stop

Vacation mode does a random time on/off. Why can’t we have a random time offset to the start/stop time. For example, the light comes on/off up to +/-15minutes or +/-30minutes from the specified start/stop time. The vacation mode is fine when on vacation but not for general use. thanks

[Mod Note]: Your topic was merged to this #wishlist request for better visibility and consistency in grouping similar requests. Please remember to scroll up to the top and click the VOTE button.

1 Like

Vacation mode time range

Wish for hour range with light vacation mode

It doesn’t seem to work properly in a different time zone. I have a house in Alaska but vacation mode seems to be reading Texas time.

I agree with this