V3's with garage, spotlight & floodlight WiFi Disconnect issues

Almost everyone with remote locations :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Not meaning to rain on your parade, but its often recommended here. However, most of us with experience discourage depending on Wyze wifi plugs. They drop off line too often to be reliable for a long distance reboot. Pick something else, someone else’s adapter and save yourself an extra trip replacing the Wyze plugs.

I’ll second that.

If this is true, then what’s the point of Wyze making these? Connectivity is necessary, otherwise they are useless.

Nothing that Wyze makes is rock solid. That also applies to other brands, but Wyze has carved a niche with their low cost products that have more features than competitor products. It’s a balancing act. The plugs are good don’t get me wrong, but I wouldn’t trust them in a remote locations.

I appreciate your reply. Is the wi-fi signal drop usually due to being too far away, or can I expect the same even in an area where the signal is strong?

I don’t think it is the signal drop in question. Wyze plugs had so many issues, just like the cameras. Some people say that Wyze fixed all the issues, but knowing Wyze and how often they “play” around with firmware updates, I’d opt for something better and longer in the market.