V1 Camera and TinyCam Pro (Mac OS)

I have implemented the NoxPlayer on my iMac in order to run TinyCam Pro. Not quite the standalone app everyone wants to see, but it works for me.

One Note: you do need to keep ahead of the game and make sure you have the most recent VirtualBox app also to work with the NoxPlayer for Mac OS Mojave; I have had to “update VB twice.” The VB version that NoxPlayer pulls in when it installs won’t work with Mojave.

I have 5 cameras (1V1, 2V2 and 2 Pan). Up until the recent WYZE firmware upgrades I had no problems with any of the cameras and TinyCam Pro. I updated the V1 camera to 3.9.3.72 and immediately started to have problems with that Camera and TimyCam Pro. I kept getting the TinyCam error: P2P Camera Offline. All the other cameras functioned and displayed just fine with TinyCam. (NOTE: ALL cameras work with the WYZE app without any problems.)

It has taken a bit to go through things piecewise to eliminate other possible sources of the problem. I have done all that and have finally come down to the fact that the problem started just after the firmware upgrade. I have the capability of flashing the rom in the camera but, am embarrassed to say I don’t remember (forgot to write down) the previous version of the firmware; a little help would be appreciated. Once I go back in firmware and if the problem goes away … so on and so forth.

Unless, of course, this is an already know problem with the latest V1 firmware and TinyCam Pro.

Thanks for any help. Jet

Just search for “firmware” in the Support link at the top of this page and you’ll find the firmware flash instructions which contains a link to download any of the previous firmwares.

Anybody who may have read this before - I have discovered something else that may be causing the reported Tiny Cam P2P Camera Offline error with V1 cameras. As soon as I get some definitive data, I’ll report back.

I am getting the same error. Has anyone figured this out yet? I can view three cameras in the Wyze app but I can only view two cameras in the Tinycam Pro app.

Sorry for not posting sooner.

To recap: iMac 27in 4k, I finally got the updated BlueStacks Android emulator up and running and found it to be orders of magnitude more reliable than the Nox App, With the emulator on soldi footing I played with TinyCam Pro and found it to be a bit “fragile” in working reliably. I do have it operating fairly well with 5 Wyze Cams (1v1, 2v2, and 2 pan) all updated to the current firmware.

I set TinyCam up to show 4 cams on one page and the second page also with four slots but only one active to be best for me. A quirk to get all things working with TinyCam appears to the be Channel assignment under Advanced, I dutifully assigned my cams 1 through 5 and had issues. For some reason, if I don’t use channel 1 and instead assign the cams to 2 through 6 all works well; I have no idea why.

The Setup for each cam under TinyCam is tedious and you must be careful to get it all correct. One thing the “Camera Name” - if you type it in at the start and. go on to fill in the rest and then exit (save) the setup for the cam - the camera name will have been changed to a default “Camera X” - So, I setup everything and then at the end go back to the top and put it the camera name I used for the Wyze App and all seems to work. As I said TinyCam is quirky - but it is working on my iMac with the BlueStacks emulator with 5 Wyze cams.