Upload events once network is restored

My network is unstable and keeps going down / being turned off without my knowledge, so events aren’t recorded by the camera and aren’t uploaded to the internet / I don’t get an alert.

I think it would be helpful to have the camera continue to record events when there is no connectivity, saving them locally until the network is restored and they can then be uploaded. This would mean that they aren’t live events, but then letting the account owner know that the network was down and these additional XX events were uploaded by each camera may be helpful in some cases.

I happened to leave an audio recorder on and happened to record people breaking into my apartment while the network was down and stealing the microSD card out of my cameras, so I know that this would be helpful since the cameras can’t be switched out as easily as the microSD cards can be.

Welcome to the Wyze community @peter.valeiras!
I think this is a great idea! :+1:
It may be hard to upload a lot of footage in a short period of time, but I think it could be done.
The cameras could backup to a local storage device that could be hidden within your home or apartment. This is currently on the Wishlist

1 Like

I was thinking even if the person has an microSD card in the cam, they could record and pull from the card or maybe build in a little bit of internal memory into the cam v3 so that it can store the footage locally without the user needing to purchase another hard drive or cloud server.

1 Like

Don’t forget to vote for your own wish! :wink:

2 Likes