Unable to perform network setup of Wyze Robot Vacuum

My original I received in January never worked. Wyze sent a warranty exchange and it works perfectly.

2 Likes

Finally! My replacement vacuum arrived while we were out of town. I researched how to set up a guest network and did that. Charged the vacuum overnight, turned the cellular data on my phone off and began set up using the guest network. Finally, my robot vacuum works. It is mapping and cleaning.

Note: I am not nearly technologically advanced as many posters on this site. My original vacuum was one of the first shipped, so I don’t know if it was defective or if the guest network is the ticket to success. Definitely worth trying the guest network…

1 Like

THIS IS THE ANSWER EVERY… I turned in setting and change the app location to always and turned on the precise location… VACCUM SETUP completed instantly… thank you so much for that info… damn shame the headache Wyze cause with them basic instructions as if all the operating systems operating equally to their products… DO BETTER WYZE!

Change you location setting… someone put the method in the comments , I restated it but it’s the location settings and a damn shame customer service can’t tell us that.

I wish they would have given me an IQ test before ordering this. I’ve tried everything in the directions. I get to the pairing stage, it says “trying to connect may take a minute,” yet my phone says it is connected. As there is no support available for a neophyte, I am afraid I have to return it if they let me. Too bad I was really looking forward to it,

One more (successful) wrinkle in this whole mess.
Like so many others, nothing seemed to work. Unlike many, using an iPad not mobile to set up Wi-Fi connection. Long and short of it after a thousand different things, I had to turn cellular off on my iPhones (2) and then set up worked from my iPad. Once done, could turn everything back on and all is good. If wyze would monitor this very helpful forum, they would save all a lot of grief. Thank you all SO MUCH!

Is this fourm still open? Any progress made? I just opened the box on a Wyze Robot Vac. I am having the same issues. Connection process times out but I can see the robot connected to my router. Did I actually buy a wyze Brick?

Hey did you find a fix to this? I’m currently having the same problem!

Unfortunately, no. I’ve been searching the other forums searching for some answer. I even read one forum where they are adding a completely different code to the vac. But, I’m not ready to go that far yet.

The most promising solution was to find an old iPhone that has an older IOS. The thought was that the older IOS would then grab an older version of the Wyze app which then would be capable of connecting to the Vac. Again, more complicated than I can manage AND I’m not even sure those older versions of the Wyze app are still available.

I did spend a lot of time on the phone with Wyze support. They basically washed their hands of the issue saying that the unit is out of warranty and that none of their simple troubleshooting is working, so, too bad.

I have been reading in other articles that Wyze support is being viewed as poor. Even with their cameras, the support can sometimes not be the best. Wyze ventured into too many product lines that have too many intricacies and as a result, they don’t have the technical support staff to support all those different products. I think this wyze robot vac is another example of that situation.

Keep searching for a solution to this issue. There is probably something really simple. We just haven’t yet found it! Good luck

I just bought mine from the recent flash sale so we’ll see how the support will handle this. If I ever find a solution I will let you know what works for me. So far I’ve tried many that is too many to list and the last thing I did was sideload an apk to a tablet/nintendo switch and once I connect the wifi to the vacuu’s wifi it wont go straight to connecting screen. I’m guessing because it was a sideload therefore it isn’t really compatible.

That is where mine hangs up as well. I connect to the vac’s WiFi, select the home WiFi, put in the home WiFi password and the Wyze app then spins and spins never moving on to the next step. I can see on my router dashboard that the vac has connected to WiFi. So, something happen between the WiFi, the vac, and the app at that step.

Since yours is new , hopefully you will get better (in warranty) support.

If you get any answers of substance, please let me know. Right now I feel let down by Wyze.

Thanks.

I hope so but I highly doubt it. Anyway do you also have AT&T?

Nope. I’m “Comcastic” (Comcast).

Spent my whole day off trying to figure out how I could make it work and I have not made any progress. I have 2 other APs that are older router and connecting the vacuum to them doesn’t work either. What the heck is this vacuum’s problem?

Hope this helps some folks. I did everything that the support article suggested and still couldn’t get it to work. I was trying to set it up on a nearly brand new ipad mini. Could not get past the point where it asked for the wifi password. The ‘Next’ button was greyed out no matter what I did. I switched over to an Android device, signed in, and it setup with zero issues. Once the device was added, it showed up on both apps so I can now manage the devices on the ipad mini as originally intended. Good luck!

Everyone. After literally years of trying to connect my wyze robot vac to the (iPhone) Wyze app, I have finally had success.

After reading the latest post, I thought maybe that I could download an android emulator onto my PC and connect my Wyze robot vac through that emulator. However, what I found, was that the emulation doesn’t work the same as an actual android device. So once again, I was out of luck.

However, on a whim, I decided to try and connect to my Wyze robot vac using my Wyze app on my iPhone. I went through the add routine and to my surprise, the process worked flawlessly. And I am now connected with my Wyze app to my Wyze robot Vac!

Wyze must have changed something in the software over the last few updates that they made to the iPhone app. The iPhone app version that I am currently running, the version that was able to connect to my Wyze robot VAC, is 2.48.5 (1).

After I was finally able to connect to the Wyze app, the robot completed, at least three, and maybe four, firmware updates. So, I feel like I am back on track and fully connected to the Wyze app with my Wyze robot vac.

If you’ve had trouble connecting your robot to the Wyze app, I would suggest you give it another try using the most current Wyze app version software. With any luck, you’ll be pleasantly supply surprised, as was I. Turn that round black brick into a working robot vac. Good luck.