Ultimate garbage products with pic

I strongly suggest this thread be deleted. The title of this thread, as well as the poster’s statements, are unfounded and they have no valid statements to support their claims.

Although this topic is harshly critical towards Wyze, but we don’t censor a user for their personal opinion unless it violates the Community Guidelines.

MODERATOR NOTE: Some of the recent posts here are on the borderline of violating the Community Guidelines .

That said, it may help to know that you can ignore and/or mute other users if you prefer not to see their posts. Click your avatar, then then the person icon, then Preferences. You will see these settings under Notifications > Users. Definitions of mute and ignore are found there.

Using these settings would be more effective than asking each other to ignore each other’s posts.

You are bringing up new information about the temperature jumping. Yes, jumping temperature would damage other connected equipment. But I’m going to put the blame on you (generally consumers) who buy Wyze equipment that Wyze has no business selling. Wyze cannot even get the basic WiFi connectivity and camera functionality correct, so what makes you think they can make a thermostat? Or a kitchen faucet valve? Or a garage door opener? If you value your A/C get some professional, proven product intended for that purpose. I won’t kill you to walk over to the thermostat on the wall and change the setting.

Move to Ecobee. Very happy with their product. I still have Wyze cams which work great. Sold thermostat on ebay for 15 bucks and threw out the rest.

2 Likes

I see your original request for assistance on this. I will see if @speadie, one of our best members on thermostats, has any ideas. For that, or anyone else who answers, they will need photos of both your thermostat wiring and your furnace control board wiring, with wire colors and letter codes visible. Please post that here:

BTW, remember this is a user-to-user forum, and not a support center for Wyze. For that, I suggest you call them directly at

1 Like

Thanks, I did. They are going to replace the thermostat.

1 Like

Just out of curiosity did you have all three mounted in the same spot, different locations (heights and walls)? I have one in each room of my house and they seem to be pretty close in temp factoring in the location differences.

1 Like

Clicking is generally a power issue of some sort, Either the furnace transformer is overloaded and power cycling, or the common that you have the thermostat hooked up to is actually a load wire, and the voltage is sagging too low for the thermostat to fully power up, although I suppose a bad power supply feedback circuit on the wyze could also cause clicking.
If just replacing it doesn’t fix the problem, I’d be glad to help you troubleshoot any wiring issues.

4 Likes

Mine are spread out throughout my 1224sqft home and seem to work fine. I would not say a single Wyze is garbage. I own cameras, floodlights, color bulbs, climate sensors, leak sensors, door lock and home security system and haven’t had any issues besides a few small bugs that Wyze fixed.

Thanks!

This is the original wiring on the furnace. It goes Y - W - R - G and then C is off to the right. I couldn’t figure out what that 2nd red wire on Y was supposed to do. It didn’t seem to matter if it was hooked up or not, and the app instructions didn’t mention what to do if more than one wire is hooked up to the same terminal. The same goes for the C terminal, which already had a yellow wire hooked up.

This is the original thermostat’s wiring.

P.S. There is a compressor outside for the A/C.

The parts that confused me were the 2nd red wire and the yellow wire already hooked up to C. I left them attached along with the C-Wire adapter because the instructions didn’t mention anything about what to do if there are other wires already hooked up to the terminal in addition to the Y, W, R, G, and C.

If you wouldn’t mind looking over the information I posted to see if you notice anything wrong before I try to hook up the replacement, I’d really appreciate it. If you need anything else, let me know. Thanks!

The red wire that is on Y and the White wire that is on C should stay on the furnace. The C wire adapter should be placed in between the other wires and the Thermostat wires, as follows:

4 Likes

I got the replacement today. I followed the above wiring diagram exactly. And…

Neither the furnace nor the Thermostat powers up. When I hook the old thermostat back up, everything works fine.

To top it off, it seems the Wyze Thermostat shorted something out on my furnace. I now have no heat, and it’s a holiday weekend.

Lovely experience. So much fun.

It sounds like you tripped a fuse while doing the rewiring. Can you please show full pictures of your setup in your other thread. I can show you how to fix it, if I can see the issue.

1 Like

Thanks again Speadie! It turns out, not the Thermostat. It did trip the circuit because the control board is kaput. It probably should’ve been replaced when Bill Clinton was still President.

Once the new furnace is installed, I’ll give it another shot. Or maybe the nice HVAC technicians will do it for me.

In some ways, I’m grateful to Wyze for making this possible. Apparently, the fan on the furnace hadn’t been working properly for some time. That’s probably what shorted out the control board when the Wyze Thermostat tried to turn it on.

A couple of days’ discomfort is worth having a brand new system.

I think the Thermostat will work fine now. I’ll post an update after the new furnace is installed.

My Neighbor finally pitched his Wyze Thermostat and got another brand that actually works RELIABLY.