Here’s one way to turn on a light when motion sensor detects motion, and then for the light to turn off X minutes after last motion is detected, using IFTTT and Sequematic. I use Sequematic as Stringify is being turned down.
The process requires 3 actions to be created in IFTTT and 2 sequences in Sequematic.
- Action triggered by Wyze Motion Sensor to use Webhooks to call first Sequematic sequence that increments a variable any time motion is detected and then turn on light
- Turn on Light Action - triggered by in-coming Webhooks hooks request from first Sequematic sequence
- Turn off Light Action - - triggered by in-coming Webhooks hooks request from second Sequematic sequence after X minutes has passed from last motion
- Triggered by IFTTT webhook call. Turns on the light and increments a variable
- Triggered by the change in the variable. If the variable is above 0, then pause for X minutes, and then decrement the variable
- If the variable equals 0, then turn off light
As a new user, I’m limited to only 1 image per post, so here’s the first sequence