tinyCam and Wyze Cam V3

For some reason tinyCam is not connecting to your Wyze account.
You aren’t mixing up this forum loging with the Wyze app login are you?

I know we keep coming back to that but the problem almost certainly is something to do with the login.

Nope, the credentials I entered into the TinyCam setup are the same as those I use on the Wyze app on my iPhone which works flawlessly for all 6 v3’s.

It is weird, I’m missing some setting I agree. TC Scan Network sees the cams but just as their IP and the name P2Pxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx and is not letting the feed come through. I assume it’s nothing to do with my router/cable modem (Arris)

I don’t think it has anything to do with you home network. TC seeing the camera IP doesn’t mean much either. TC needs to connect to your Wyze account.
Is your Shield using a VPN?

I haven’t given up. :slightly_smiling_face:

Good haha… no the shield is not using VPN

UPDATE - SOLVED:

Well Angus thanks for your help and patience…earlier on you had asked if the user/pw I used on TinyCam was the same as my Wyze account…which it was.

I recall during my first set up attempt entering that information was a pain as I had to use the Nvidia Shield remote which is like a Toblerone bar with the only way navigate on keyboard on the TV screen was using the center dial. Then insult to injury I had to guess which key/button on the remote would get me out of that field where I could hit ‘Enter or OK’

So ‘on the screen’ it appeared that everything was entered correctly and no spaces. Out of desperation today I downloaded the Nvidia Remote app to my phone see if it had a keyboard I could use…which it does. So I uninstalled/installed TinyCam and started over (which takes no time at all given the number of freaking times I’ve done it over the past 3 days lol).

Entered one cam…fingers crossed…Camera Status…Voila! a live feed. Now on that Camera Status screen at Advanced Info it said P2P Mode - Relay. Hrmm that’s new…instead of LAN. Now below it listed all my Wyze cams along with their names. I went to Live Feed and it was there however pixelated and then crashed sending me back to the TinyCam tile where you initially open the App. While doing hours of reading I recalled coming across a comment about changing the Video settings on TinyCam to Hardware+ so I tried that and it worked fine, the mode was now P2P Mode - LAN and the feed was flawless. It then took no time at all to copy that Cam and add the remainder.

So thanks again for the posters in particular Angus as the help was instrumental in the solution.
Ron

I’m happy to see you found the problem.
I know I said I wasn’t giving up but I really didn’t know what else to try. I knew it was a Wyze account issue.:blush:

Good that you discovered the copy camera process too. Saves a lot of redundant settings.