This one has me scratching my head - Playback video pauses at every 60 sec mark

I am basically lost for what to do here now

I have bought 2 x new Sandisk 256G High Endurance cards and a new Network Extender and a new Wyze cam V3 to try and eliminate this problem, but I am being defeated at every turn :frowning:

I have configured the cam to connect to the new Wifi extender, they are sitting within 6 feet of each other and similar distance to the router. The exact same problem occurs with every single test I do. 00-01 seconds marker the video on playback freezes solid. If I wait for it to sort itself, the playback becomes blocky and appears corrupted. If I hit the -30 secs button and wait a few seconds then hit the +30 secs button, the playback jumps over the the freeze and plays normally but missing the first 5-10 seconds of the minute count (I hope that makes sense)

So the SD cards are not the fault (replaced 128 and 256G previous cards. The cam is not the fault. The network is absolutely fine for watching live video. It is only this freaking playback that goes A over T when the minute mark is reached and presumably when each segment of 1 minute is written to the card???

Has anybody any suggestions? I am feeling a bit let down and am not a happy camper :frowning:

Encoded as MP4 video

2 Likes

Just realized you are running Beta Firmware on that cam, not Public Release FW.

I wouldn’t make any more drastic changes until you jump over to the Beta FW topic & App Release Topic and read the posts. There have been other video issues with that FW Beta and the iOS app that may be the exact same issue.

The video issues have been reported in these threads:

2 Likes

Thanks for the tip @SlabSlayer I will keep an eye out there

Jeremy

2 Likes

Hi there,

Did you find a solution to this? I have the EXACT same issue; it started on my Wyze Cam V2 (very suspicious of a fw update but I’m on a different version to you…and a subsequent update hasn’t resolved the issue), and has just popped up on my v3 too. Had contacted support who were empathetic up to a point, but no solution. Tryed reinstalling; reformatting Micro Disc, then swapping it out, resetting the cache, the camera etc. No luck.

I did notice that if you jump back 30 seconds at the point playback freezes, wait a second or two, then jump forward 30 seconds, you get past the ‘top of the minute’ mark.

It’s very frustrating.

1 Like

@steve.lucas63 Unfortunately not, Everything you wrote about is still occuring for me. TBH going on the amount of time that has passed, I do not have a great deal of faith in it being fixed anytime soon.

Have you tried going back to a recording over 60 minutes old and checking again? In my case the problem does not occur on recordings older than 1 hour.

Jeremy

1 Like

Have the same problem on View Playback only for one minute?

1 Like

Hi Jeremy, Well I thought I was going mad because Wyze Support had never seen the issue before, and my initial attempts to find other cases failed. It’s somehow comforting to know that other have it as it suggests that it might not be an environmental issue with my set up. I had thought maybe my V2 had just crapped out after an update, but the fact that my V3 has started doing it three weeks later makes we think it’s the firmware updates, the App updates, or a combination of both.

I had noticed that on rare occasions the problem did NOT occur, and had failed to find any pattern to that. Your suggestion of the age of the recording was salient might have been the answer but alas no, I’m getting it with recordings of any age.

Cheers

Steve

1 Like

Prompted by the latest postings on this issue, I decided to test after applying the new update (2.37.12) and blow me down, but all three of my V3’s are playing back recordings from the SD cards flawlessly with sound, even those under an hour old.

Being a bit of a sceptic, I will be keeping an eye on this.

Jeremy

2 Likes

I had this problem since the firmware update. I just noticed the problem is gone in yesterdays 2.37.2.1 release. The problem was still there in 2.37.1.1

1 Like

Looks like I spoke too soon. The problem reappeared today with one of the recordings, but a little bit different than previously (where it would be stuck indefinitely).

It gets to the :01 mark and then stops for a few seconds. I then see it trying to authenticate with the camera again. After the connecting, it resumes playback. No matter what I try, this is repeatable.

I then went back to one of yesterdays recordings where I knew it worked and it played back flawlessly each time.

Switching back to todays recording would always get stuck at the :01 mark as described above. Perhaps there’s still something iffy about the firmware.

1 Like

I’ve been there! Stops on the minute or 0.01 point. VERY occasionally doesn’t.

99% sure it’s firmware because with help from this community, I went back to an earlier version and the problem evaporated.

Wyze support, on the other hand, we’re less than helpful.

Steve

Not ready to revert yet, because the latest behaviour (of resuming connection after 5 seconds) is better than what I had previously (being stuck indefinitely).

My offer (posted in the other thread) still stands if you want to re-open a ticket one day. I don’t think I have the time or energy to chase it up with support.

1 Like

I have exactly this same issue. Been trying to figure out for weeks already with no luck. This is happening for both my v2 and v3. Gets stuck at 00 to 01 mark, but when I press the +30 secs to skip the 00-01 mark it skips without any issues. My gut tells me this is an app issue and I’m really hoping this gets attention.

1 Like

The App could be involved but I can say with certainty that rolling back to an earlier firmware release fixes it.

Wyze in my experience to date are not acknowledging there IS a problem, so while that persists, I’m pessimistic there’ll be a fix in future firmware releases.

Steve

What firmware version worked for you?

The reason I suspect it’s an app problem is because it’s the same for my v2 and v3. I doubt they have identical firmwares but I can be completely wrong.

1 Like

I only regressed FW on the V2 back to 4.9.8.1002. One of the reasons I think the issue is mostly FW, is that initially I only had the problem on the V2; it took about a week for it to show up on the V3 I have (I suspect there was an update in that period).

I’ll hold off further updates on the v2 until I see new versions which are reported as solving the issue.

Steve

Maybe it’s also dependent on what OS people are running. Perhaps we should gather more data from people who’ve had this issue. I’m using the Wyze app on iOS 16.1.2

I’m fairly sure I was running an earlier version iOS 16 when I had the issue. I’m running 16.1.2 now but don’t have the issue as I went back a few FM releases.

Oh Iand it might be worth saying I had it on iOS and iPadOS.

Steve

Sadly the same behaviour is still present on the latest firmware and iOS app.

Thanks for the warning. I’ll wait until the next update (and pray a bit)

Steve